Etihad

Mëtal Bikër said:
mcfcRV said:
Is it wrong of me to now refer to the rags as Trafford Etihad? It's already pissed off a few of my red friends,but,if it pisses off blues,then,i won't bother!! Just trying to make them realize how wrong they are!!
Then you'd be playing into their hands.

The simple fact is this. The CEO of Etihad Airways, the stadium and shirt sponsor of MCFC has stated that the term Etihad, used in context of Etihad Airways means 'Union'.

That's the be all and end all, our sponsor says they are 'Union'.

Absolutely ......

Etihad Airways (Arabic: الإتحاد‎, ʼal-ʻitiħād) is the flag carrier of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Etihad translated literally means "unison, union or alliance" in Arabic

black mamba said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
mcfcRV said:
Is it wrong of me to now refer to the rags as Trafford Etihad? It's already pissed off a few of my red friends,but,if it pisses off blues,then,i won't bother!! Just trying to make them realize how wrong they are!!

The simple fact is this. The CEO of Etihad Airways, the stadium and shirt sponsor of MCFC has stated that the term Etihad, used in context of Etihad Airways means 'Union'.

Absolutely ......

Etihad Airways (Arabic: الإتحاد‎, ʼal-ʻitiħād) is the flag carrier of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

United is "Mutaheda" in arabic..

S04 said:
black mamba said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

Absolutely ......

United is "Mutaheda" in arabic..

Indeed ........

Mutahida

Mutahida, which means ‘United’ in Arabic, is the missing link in the United Arab Emirates’ aviation industry. It represents our commitment to supporting the rich history and ever-increasing global prominence of our country’s aviation industry, by uniting the real and online worlds of aviation in Abu Dhabi and across the UAE.

black mamba said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
mcfcRV said:

Absolutely ......

That's how i see it.

Regardless of what united means or can mean in Arabic is irrelevant. OUR sponsor has stated the meaning of Etihad in the context THEY wish it to be used, means 'union'.

Other scholars, government officials or Arabic speakers might claim etihad can also mean 'unity', 'unison' or 'alliance' but the fact of the matter is that the sponsor of our stadium, Etihad Airways, say that the word 'etihad' in Etihad Airways is 'union'.

I never got the problem surrounding the stadium renaming.

We're all just gonna keep calling it Eastlands anyway. I like that we're pulling in money for it though.

quiet_riot said:
THFC6061 said:
The rags translation is incorrect as Etihad(اتـحـاد) means Union

Actually, a more accurate English translation would be "Unity".

It is derived from the "United" in United Arab Emirates (الإمارات العربية المتحدة Al-'Imārāt al-`Arabiyyah al-Muttaḥidah).

Not a million mile away from United, is it?

Spurs isn't a million miles from Spuds either, but it doesn't mean that they're the same.

Well they certainly had their chips regarding C/L football.
Boom Boom.

Sorry if it's already been posted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FRKoAHUqs[/youtube]

McNair9 said:
Sorry if it's already been posted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FRKoAHUqs[/youtube]

Amazed that Simon Pearce is showing his hand in this..The Grey eminence himself

E.T.I.H.A.D
It means f**king unity
With a nick knack paddy whack
Give a dog a bone
Why don't Mutaheda f**k off home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.