EU Referendum Thread

From the Slog :
https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2015/0...to-put-the-constitution-above-party-interest/

"......Our import bill for food is horrendous…

4. The European Union remains the huge elephant in the British room. It’s been covered endlessly elsewhere at The Slog, but suffice to say – again – it is an unaudited, gangster-fascist, anti-liberty and economically dead trading partner with perhaps the most incompetent fiscal control mechanisms in State history. Yet every Party except Ukip wants to embrace it – Labour by being “more at the centre” and the Tories by “reforming from the inside”. Both myths have been shown up as such during the course of the Election.

Take these 3rd and 4th points together, and the threat to our continued existence as an independent State – and the Rule of Law – is obvious. If we can’t pay our way and we can’t feed ourselves, then malign external influences will take advantage of that….as indeed they already are doing......

The whole piece has merit.

Labour have only grudgingly accepted there's going to be a referendum. Had they won the last election, or formed part of a coalition, then they would have made sure there wasn't.

Many Labour politicians stand to make an absolute personal fortune out of TTIP and with it being a party of elite troughers, they'd much rather keep the lower classes out of the loop. As it is, they'll just have to lie and deceive about the EU and their motives instead.
Did you actually read my post? It aint pro labour.

Labour have only grudgingly accepted there's going to be a referendum. Had they won the last election, or formed part of a coalition, then they would have made sure there wasn't.

Perhaps they were against Referendums in principle. I am. I think they negate the responsibility of Parliament.

But now there is to be a vote i will vote out.

Perhaps they were against Referendums in principle. I am. I think they negate the responsibility of Parliament.

But now there is to be a vote i will vote out.

Having started out as an "inner" I think I will also now vote out, although for probably completely different reasons.

The EU will spend the next 50 years trying to sort out the problems created by introducing the euro and then embarking on enlargement to 27 states. Its response to the latest Greek crisis will inevitably be to make "ever closer union" its central policymaking objective.

I do think leaving the EU will damage trade, at least in the short term. But unless they ditch the euro, which isnt very likely, the EU will underperform for many decades. Best out of it.

The EU is the most underperforming trade bloc in the world. Of course there will be some adjustments and realignments to be made when we leave but we will quickly be able to move ahead when we leave it behind and focus instead on the rest of the world.

Having started out as an "inner" I think I will also now vote out, although for probably completely different reasons.

The EU will spend the next 50 years trying to sort out the problems created by introducing the euro and then embarking on enlargement to 27 states. Its response to the latest Greek crisis will inevitably be to make "ever closer union" its central policymaking objective.

I do think leaving the EU will damage trade, at least in the short term. But unless they ditch the euro, which isnt very likely, the EU will underperform for many decades. Best out of it.
I don't see why you state you're an outer for completely different reasons, and then go on to explain that you're an outer for precisely the same reasons as most of the outers that I know? Most people who are considering voting out are very much pro-European and pro common market, but the EU isn't about that any more. They've embarked on a journey towards political and economic union and Cameron is either deluding himself or lying through his teeth if he's seriously suggesting we can opt out of this. He'll be thrown a couple of bones so it doesn't look like he's totally had the piss taken out of him, but ultimately the direction of travel of the EU is clear. The predictable (and predicted by many) failure of trying to integrate two completely different cultures and economies like Germany and Greece has actually convinced the main players in the EU that they haven't integrated enough. It would actually be funny if it wasn't causing so much misery. Such a crying shame that we couldn't have stayed the Commonweath of nation states that the majority support, but that's not what's on offer and so for that reason I think we should get out, and watch the car crash develop from the outside.

It wouldn't surprise me if the referendum is postponed. The EU could still be in turmoil in two years time. How will we know what institution we will be voting to stay in or leave?

I could even see the Eurosceptics pushing for a postponment. Wait until the EU comes forward with proposals for fiscal union.

It wouldn't surprise me if the referendum is postponed. The EU could still be in turmoil in two years time. How will we know what institution we will be voting to stay in or leave?

I could even see the Eurosceptics pushing for a postponment. Wait until the EU comes forward with proposals for fiscal union.

With the EU in a shambles and showing its true colours it is the ideal time to hold the referendum.

We could be seeing TV pictures of food and medical aid being sent to Greece by the time the referendum happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.