EU Referendum Thread

Well after Camerons 10 minute "commercial" break at the EU summit last night i cannot see him getting anything that would satisfy any of his Eurosceptic wing. He really has nailed his own hat on with this EU stuff. He cant win. He has to back the IN camp otherwise he looks a failure and if he does he risks losing his majority. If he backs the campaign and he loses he has to resign surely.

I think Corbyn if elected Labour leader could be in favour of the OUT campaign, but most centrist Labour and centrist Tories favour staying in.

But I agree with Twired the left campaign will be lead by the Unions and associates rather than the Labour party.

Depends what you mean by Left`. If you mean Labour, then don`t hold your breath. It will be down to the organisations with workers interests as their main political stance. Such as Trade Unions and the Anti- Austerity movement, which is made up of many different groups.

Labour have only grudgingly accepted there's going to be a referendum. Had they won the last election, or formed part of a coalition, then they would have made sure there wasn't.

Many Labour politicians stand to make an absolute personal fortune out of TTIP and with it being a party of elite troughers, they'd much rather keep the lower classes out of the loop. As it is, they'll just have to lie and deceive about the EU and their motives instead.

Well after Camerons 10 minute "commercial" break at the EU summit last night i cannot see him getting anything that would satisfy any of his Eurosceptic wing. He really has nailed his own hat on with this EU stuff. He cant win. He has to back the IN camp otherwise he looks a failure and if he does he risks losing his majority. If he backs the campaign and he loses he has to resign surely.

I think Corbyn if elected Labour leader could be in favour of the OUT campaign, but most centrist Labour and centrist Tories favour staying in.

But I agree with Twired the left campaign will be lead by the Unions and associates rather than the Labour party.

If this leaked note is to be believed then it's clear that negative campaigning will be the basis of the IN vote too.

Other than UKIP's talk of new trade deals with the wider world (which unfortunately gets lost in their main rhetoric) I'm yet to see anything positive yet. It's scaremongering from all sides.

From the Slog :
https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2015/0...to-put-the-constitution-above-party-interest/

"......Our import bill for food is horrendous…

4. The European Union remains the huge elephant in the British room. It’s been covered endlessly elsewhere at The Slog, but suffice to say – again – it is an unaudited, gangster-fascist, anti-liberty and economically dead trading partner with perhaps the most incompetent fiscal control mechanisms in State history. Yet every Party except Ukip wants to embrace it – Labour by being “more at the centre” and the Tories by “reforming from the inside”. Both myths have been shown up as such during the course of the Election.

Take these 3rd and 4th points together, and the threat to our continued existence as an independent State – and the Rule of Law – is obvious. If we can’t pay our way and we can’t feed ourselves, then malign external influences will take advantage of that….as indeed they already are doing......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.