EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
-david_cameron-fran_ois_hollande-jos_manuel_barroso-herman_van_rompuy-european_union-knin684_low.jpg

yes sickening - chuka umunna yesterday when being interviewed ahead of parliament sitting - emphasising how all must focus on the loss to family and friends and not use the tragedy for political gain............. immediately followed by - but lets remember what she stood for, Jo was a REMAIN supporter, a passionate campaigner.......etc.

mate, I disagree with using any terrible, tragic event for political gain but we cant deny, she was killed for what she believed....which was "stay". You could argue that she'd still be here today if she hadnt supported staying in the EU....and from reading about the type of person she was, it seems clear to me, she would stand up and be counted and want everyone to know she was a REMAIN supporter....I didnt know her but when you read/hear what people are saying, she was the type of person that would want people to know what she stood for and I dont have an issue with the "in" campaign saying what Jo believed in, if they doing it in a respectful way because it seems she would do the same herself if she was here!...in my opinion!

Last edited:
Ok, is someone able to answer for me: which vote will give the best chance of keeping the NHS state funded and preventing privatisation/poor healthcare?

Or does it really come to that... poor healthcare vs. privatisation? Or will neither prevent privatisation?
The UK government could quite easily move the NHS towards mostly private provision but at least you'd have the chance to vote in an election to support or remove that government.

Under the TTIP (an agreement which will undoubtedly be concluded in some form) the European health market would potentially be open to US providers.

Another potential risk is that there would be common standards for pharmaceutical products and these would not be as stringent as they are currently. Once ratified, we would have little or no control over this.

So people saying that remaining in the EU is the safe option are either lying or simply do not understand what awaits.

The overall aim of EU co-operation is to improve the quality of life of the populations in the beneficiary countries through targeted and sustainable programmes. In 2014 the EU Delegation to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean, which covers Antigua and Barbuda, disbursed just over EUR 80 million in development co-operation aid amongst the ten countries it is accredited to in the region.

not long to go now until we can get ourselves out of this failing experiment, now I know how lab rats must feel, vote out for freedom from the mad scientists running it

Daves final plea to the undecided voters is to vote remain as he pledges to change it for the better from within.

Fook me Dave, the European Union is either good for this country and provides jobs and security or it's not ;what is it?

I would suggest if we want to reform the European Union ( and I think Dave accepts it's shit now) we should vote leave as that allows us to reset the agenda to an economic cooperation area on the front foot. If we vote remain the negotiation upper hand rests with merkel and junker.

Daves final plea to the undecided voters is to vote remain as he pledges to change it for the better from within.

Fook me Dave, the European Union is either good for this country and provides jobs and security or it's not ;what is it?

I would suggest if we want to reform the European Union ( and I think Dave accepts it's shit now) we should vote leave as that allows us to reset the agenda to an economic cooperation area on the front foot. If we vote remain the negotiation upper hand rests with merkel and junker.

to be honest I'm not sure Beckham thinks that deeply about things, he just wants us all to be excellent to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.