EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. But misleading (at best, arguably just plain wrong), and presumbaly therefore put together by someone with an agenda.

If you earn less than £120k per year then the above is correct. Above £120k (which I think we might all agree we could call "Richest") then it is not. The "Richest" are worse off since they receive no personal allowance (and therefore do not benefit from the increased personal allowance) and the changes to NI mean they are worse off.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies or Chippy boy.
Its a tough one but i think the IFS shades it by about 100%.

Learn to understand the graph, then comeback.
A little hint look up the word Decile.

Really? I'm trying to be as detached as I possibly can be because I'm waiting on the Scottish polls before deciding which way to vote but the way I see it is that the remain group are getting most of the air time whilst the leave group are given some chances to react. Maybe I'm watching too much BBC which tends to be biased towards staying.

yeah we've had mail shots from the Out campaign as well as well as people at Piccadilly giving out "Out" leaflets. I've not seen any of that for staying in. Form the remain in stuff i've only seen a few "Scare" stories in the media, although they do pretty much reflect my own view on an exit.

Propaganda is all they have.

Maybe you are not doing your own research? There is plenty of information to support a Brexit if you can be bothered to search for it but ultimately it comes down to your political leanings and whether you are a person that likes to feel secure with an autocracy directing things.
The problem I'm seeing is that most people are confused and basically lazy or haven't got the time or the inclination to sort it out for themselves and want to be told how to think. I include myself to a degree in that. I am beginning to recognise that the heart of the issue is with the Common Agricultural Policy because that is where most of the money goes but that is a complicated field in itself. The group that have their eye in are the farmers as they are at the sharp end of the CAP so their opinions and arguments are worth noting. At the moment their forum is in favour of leaving by a good margin. The Government propaganda machine doesn't want to go there (CAP) because it could reflect very badly on staying in. They would rather you remain ignorant of how our money is dished out, to whom, where and for what. The farmers themselves are trying to see through the smoke that clouds any clear vision of EU (agricultural) finance. I could write reams on it but I'd rather leave it to the farmers to argue the toss.
The reality is that there are no clear cut assurances for a secure future whether we stay or go. It will probably come down to a visceral decision in the end. How the nation feels in its gut.

Last edited:
Maybe you are not doing your own research? There is plenty of information to support a Brexit if you can be bothered to search for it but ultimately it comes down to your political leanings and whether you are a person that likes to feel secure with an autocracy directing things.
The problem I'm seeing is that most people are confused and basically lazy or haven't got the time or the inclination to sort it out for themselves and want to be told how to think.
The reality is that there are no clear cut assurances for a secure future whether we stay or go. It will probably come down to a visceral decision in the end. How the nation feels in it gut.

There is no way on earth am i leaving my future and my family's future in the hands of the lunatics currently running this country. Not. a. fuckin. chance.
We have seen how bad they are when the Liberal brake was switched off.
I am fuckin glad that Europe is there to keep these lunatics in check.

There is no way on earth am i leaving my future and my family's future in the hands of the lunatics currently running this country. Not. a. fuckin. chance.
We have seen how bad they are when the Liberal brake was switched off.
I am fuckin glad that Europe is there to keep these lunatics in check.

And what happens when some crackpot gets their hands on the EU leadership and you can't vote them out?

You may not like the current UK government but it is temporary and democratically elected.

And what happens when some crackpot gets their hands on the EU leadership and you can't vote them out?

You may not like the current UK government but it is temporary and democratically elected.

I'll deal with the closest and biggest threat first and that's them.
I have yet to see anything in Europe as brain dead as these chumps.
Tbh i don't consider FPTP as realistic reflection of a democracy. Yes people vote but millions are ignored or have to vote tactically just because of where they live.

If the EU lurches to the right he'll be asking for a referendum on a EU exit. Oh the irony. Undemocratic organisations are fine if you agree with them apparently.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies or Chippy boy.
Its a tough one but i think the IFS shades it by about 100%.

Learn to understand the graph, then comeback.
A little hint look up the word Decile.

Suggest you look up the word "misleading".

I'd love to have a sensible debate with you Ken, since you are clearly a man of principle if not just entirely wrong about almost everything. But unfortunately although I've tried, it always descends into a slanging match. So now I'll just go with the slanging match.

But you are wrong about everything by the way. Your bitterness clouds what little judgement you have.

Suggest you look up the word "misleading".

I'd love to have a sensible debate with you Ken, since you are clearly a man of principle if not just entirely wrong about almost everything. But unfortunately although I've tried, it always descends into a slanging match. So now I'll just go with the slanging match.

But you are wrong about everything by the way. Your bitterness clouds what little judgement you have.

Oxford English Dictionary = Misleading "When chippy boy realises he has fucked up and not read the graph correctly then needs to back track".

Oxford English Dictionary = Misleading "When chippy boy realises he has fucked up and not read the graph correctly then needs to back track".

You really are a complete waste of air. I said it was misleading in my original post.

Returning you to my ignore list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.