EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gove alone is enough to make me vote in!

Can you imagine what the tory party will become if the vote leave campaign wins!!!!

I actually think Gove is the most credible and competent of the Leavers!

I would like to vote out, but not under any circumstances. I would only vote out if I could trust whichever government would be managing the exit process. I would be happy to vote out if I believed that the Government would forge a strong, constructive, arms length relationship with the EU. Not if I believed that the government would be purely fixated on keeping the immigrants out.

I would be more likely to vote out if we had a moderate Labour government (albeit a Labour government is never likely to agree to a referendum). Or even a coalition. But I've come round to the view that I couldn't vote out knowing that the exit process would be managed by a Tory government moving still further to the right.

A labour government would agree to wearing pink floral dresses if it gave them power, a bunch of self serving c*nts led by "A man of principle" who jumped on the remain band wagon despite it being exactly what he has spouted against for the last forty years.

I actually think Gove is the most credible and competent of the Leavers!

I would like to vote out, but not under any circumstances. I would only vote out if I could trust whichever government would be managing the exit process. I would be happy to vote out if I believed that the Government would forge a strong, constructive, arms length relationship with the EU. Not if I believed that the government would be purely fixated on keeping the immigrants out.

I would be more likely to vote out if we had a moderate Labour government (albeit a Labour government is never likely to agree to a referendum). Or even a coalition. But I've come round to the view that I couldn't vote out knowing that the exit process would be managed by a Tory government moving still further to the right.

That sounds like a very well thought through stance (even if I can’t agree on Gove). The ideal scenario for me would be a government elected with a 4 year mandate to seek to either reform the EU or in failing to reform it to prepare a detailed exit plan. On that basis I would be comfortable leaving. As it is, there is no plan and no government with any mandate to form a plan! We would have a full on tory civil war with opportunists like Johnson promoting their own careers while the Economy slowly tanked! I never imagined Corbyn generating any kind of momentum and thought he would be out within a few years but a Tory meltdown could see him through to the next election and even give him an outside chance of winning! An out vote would be an absolute disaster for progressive centre ground politics.

Then it´s in the interests of both parties to allow mutual access to each other's markets. A free trade deal can be done, like they have with other countries. The only relationship that will change will be the political one.

As I posted yesterday, the leave campaign is forever telling us that Norway got themselves a trade deal with the EU. That's true but what they haven't been telling us is that to obtain that trade deal they had to agree to unlimited immigration from any and all EU countries. That would also apply to us so we'd be right back where we started except that we'd be on the outside looking in and have no influence on future policy. It's nowhere near as simplistic as the likes of Johnson, Gove and Farage are making out and they're being dishonest to pretend that it is.

Because we can't, we are tied to the EU. The EU has no deal then the UK can't have a deal. Not fair is it, that we have to work at the rate of slowest and most resistant members?

I'm afraid this is total nonsense. As I posted earlier I worked all my adult life in exports and travelled to and worked the markets in the Middle East, Near East, Indian subcontinent and southern Africa with no such restriction.

I'm afraid this is total nonsense. As I posted earlier I worked all my adult life in exports and travelled to and worked the markets in the Middle East, Near East, Indian subcontinent and southern Africa with no such restriction.
Hash smuggling doesn't count...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.