EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are refugees with no rights to work and are not even allowed to economically contribute if they want to. So it is a nonsense comparison, it is a separate issue, different people and different countries you are talking about.

The refugees are a moral question , the economic EU migrant issue is really a test of whether you trust capitalism.

I've always strongly believed in personal responsibility as an individual and society. If we are part of the cause for a refugee crisis we have to be part of the solution but that is a separate issue and shouldn't be confused
So you expect the million who've rocked up in Germany to be forever classed as refugees? They would soon gain citizenship.
What is happening is exactly what many of us said should happen in the first place, but were called RWNJ's, for suggesting it.
You have continually championed the cause of completely untrammelled mass immigration as a major benefit to recipient countries,
well, it seems Ginger Ange and her fellow travellers, have finally realised that this nonsense is nothing of the sort, and are arranging for their removal.
If mass immigration was a benefit, I'd have thought the doors would be wedged open permanently.
Yes, EU migrants are a separate issue, and the discussion has centred on freedom of movement, a fine idea when the original 6 countries had similar economies,
a truly ridiculous one when average wages in many Eastern European countries are a fifth of those here.
And I'd sooner trust capitalism than communism.

Dear monkfish
Divide any number by an increasing amount and the result is less, its not rocket science its basic primary school math, your contention that the flood of financial migrants has no bearing is a nonsense for all to see.

so having more people in employment in the UK paying tax, NI and vat on their purchases is bad for the UK? If you cant understand the issues I would stick to reading

But having more people in who aren't in employment or are at a low pay grade is bad for the UK. Being in the EU enables pretty much unlimited migration of those people.

I am not saying that all immigrants are those drains, but being able to control who comes into the country would enable us to let in people who will contribute and exclude people who won't. That's how it works in other developed nations like Australia and Canada.

That's not even mentioning the impact of simply having more people. England is one of the most densely populated countries in the EU and I personally would rather we didn't have to spread housing and industrial estates out onto this country's beautiful and unique greenfield areas.

Apologies if already covered, but what do we reckon to this €6 billion price for Turkey to close the gates? Is this the same deal that Gaddafi offered the EU in 2010 for €2 billion less?

I'd have thought that if you create a single market/currency composed of both very rich and poor countries with free movement of labour and citizens there can only be one outcome? The rich bits will get poorer, and the poor bits richer until they level off. The idea that we can all be winners in the EU 'project' is wishfull thinking. As one of thevricher countries we stand to lose. The poor countries gain.

So you expect the million who've rocked up in Germany to be forever classed as refugees? They would soon gain citizenship.
What is happening is exactly what many of us said should happen in the first place, but were called RWNJ's, for suggesting it.
You have continually championed the cause of completely untrammelled mass immigration as a major benefit to recipient countries,
well, it seems Ginger Ange and her fellow travellers, have finally realised that this nonsense is nothing of the sort, and are arranging for their removal.
If mass immigration was a benefit, I'd have thought the doors would be wedged open permanently.
Yes, EU migrants are a separate issue, and the discussion has centred on freedom of movement, a fine idea when the original 6 countries had similar economies,
a truly ridiculous one when average wages in many Eastern European countries are a fifth of those here.
And I'd sooner trust capitalism than communism.
I have supported the free flow of labour in the EU and despite my centre and sometimes left leanings I have enough respect for capitalism to believe this is overall best for both people and countries

The second issue on Refugees is a different issue , entirely different but....

I believe in responsibility being taken for actions taken as an individual or nation. If we are party to starting wars, bombing countries and destabilising governments elsewhere then we have to take responsibility for the negative after effect as we would take credit for the positives.

If that means refugees fleeing war zones that we are partly responsible for creating then we should be taking proportional responsibility. It was in this case countries like US, France and UK that started the war in Iraq etc not Greece and Germany.

I don't think that means just mass refugees either.

It means trying to minimise and fix the original issues, ie reduce the conflict.
Supporting countries like Jordan far better in dealing nearby with the issues and then ultimately playing our part in resettling refugees

I think it would be a deep moral wrong to destroy a nation and its people for our financial gain and totally screw up an already bad situation and then to walk away leaving other countries to pay for our mess who had far less or no responsibility for the mess

I have supported the free flow of labour in the EU and despite my centre and sometimes left leanings I have enough respect for capitalism to believe this is overall best for both people and countries

The second issue on Refugees is a different issue , entirely different but....

I believe in responsibility being taken for actions taken as an individual or nation. If we are party to starting wars, bombing countries and destabilising governments elsewhere then we have to take responsibility for the negative after effect as we would take credit for the positives.

If that means refugees fleeing war zones that we are partly responsible for creating then we should be taking proportional responsibility. It was in this case countries like US, France and UK that started the war in Iraq etc not Greece and Germany.

I don't think that means just mass refugees either.

It means trying to minimise and fix the original issues, ie reduce the conflict.
Supporting countries like Jordan far better in dealing nearby with the issues and then ultimately playing our part in resettling refugees

I think it would be a deep moral wrong to destroy a nation and its people for our financial gain and totally screw up an already bad situation and then to walk away leaving other countries to pay for our mess who had far less or no responsibility for the mess
Many thousands of 'refugees' are from countries throughout North Africa, Eritrea, Sudan included. Nobody has bombed these countries.
Many are from Afghanistan, the country where a coalition of over 50 countries worldwide cooperated in removing the Taliban. The EU has now taken a collective
decision to remove these people from it's territory, including Syrians, and they will be returned Turkey, an action considered by many to be akin to ethnic cleansing.
So it appears the EU isn't as compassionate and inclusive as people would have us believe.
The point is, however, is that they are, in the main, fit young men who are, according to your reckoning, very valuable, as mass immigration is beneficial,
irrespective of nationality.
Apparently not.

I'd have thought that if you create a single market/currency composed of both very rich and poor countries with free movement of labour and citizens there can only be one outcome? The rich bits will get poorer, and the poor bits richer until they level off. The idea that we can all be winners in the EU 'project' is wishfull thinking. As one of thevricher countries we stand to lose. The poor countries gain.
Yes,common sense really, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.