EURO 2012: Day 8 Matchday Thread

Huntelaar is a very lazy player he has said so himself in private a few times.

He most certainly does not like tracking back and this really irked Ajax fan's.
He can get lazy even in his primary task, especially if the chips are down.

I never really rated Welbeck.

All that time he was at Sunderland I really couldn't see it but he has convinced me now. He has pace, he works hard, he scores different types of Goals - even though tonights may have been a fluke - he was in the position.

Not saying he is a Lineker or a Greaves or an Owen, but we could do a lot worse.

Glen Johnson - You are terrible.

Both goals v Sweden his fault, shocking player. I hope your enjoying yourself on a beach Micah.

Ric said:
Pigeonho said:
LoveCity said:
Huntelaar would thrive off United's winger service, he'd be a dud for us though. He's brilliant in the box, like Gomez.
Don't know. He was excellent in the Dutch league, but other than that, (until his recent stint in the German league), he's pretty much not impressed wherever he's been. I think someone would have took the chance with him in his prime if he was 'all that'.

It didn't really work out for him at Real or Milan, but 279 goals in 428 appearances are pretty impressive career statistics. Don't think though, at 28, that he fits in with United's recent buying strategy as he'd have little resale value.
They are indeed, but it was those moves to Milan and Madrid I was referring to. Granted, he's done excellent in Germany, but something tells me there's a little but too much of the 'easy in the Dutch league' about him. 28 though eh? Well that makes me feel fucking old!

Opinion on the England team tonight - good result but pretty dire overall and only won due to a flukey 30 yarder with the GK off balance and a lucky touch off a heel. Our passing was woeful generally, too many "get it forward quick" telegraphed passes allowing the swedish defenders to intercept. We seem to have no concept of playing the ball around waiting for an opening - probably because 90% of the team can't be trusted to actually hit an english player with a pass with better than a 1 in 3 ratio. May have beat Sweden but they were awful (apart from Zlatan and Mellberg) and still managed to score 2 goals against us. Don't think the fancied teams are quaking in their boots about meeting us.

Squad comments

Joe - Reasonably solid, will be disappointed in letting in 2. Maybe could have come out for 2nd but OK overall.
Johnson - defensive positioning awful, played their first goal onside (and managed to score it for them also). Couple of good covering tackles raved about by the commentators, pity they were only necessary because he'd screwed up his positioning in the 1st place.
Terry - Lost any pace he never had, Aguero will rip him a new one next season.
Lescott - OK game as stopper, will never be a decent passer but no real mistakes.
Cole - Thinks he's a winger (unless told by Woy to get forward a lot). Kept leaving a big gap behind him. OK apart from that.
Young - not sure why he was on the pitch - anonymous. Won't be a starter in the Ukraine game if there is any justice in the world.
Milner - Not a great game, he isn't really a winger. Couple of decent crosses but no trickery or pace - needs to be in CM instead of..........
Parker - Complete waste of fucking rations, I lost count how many times he passed the ball to Sweden.
Gerrard - OK game, good cross for Carroll and unlucky not to get goal. tries too many hollywood passes from deep. I think he's getting confused in his old age and thinks his name is Xabi Alonso.
Carroll - Did OK, put himself about, got a decent goal and helped out at the back. Best I've seen of him for a while.
Welbeck - Anonymous 90% of the time. When he gets put through seems to think all he has to do is run alongside the ball and that will confuse the defender so he won't get tackled - it doesn't work.

Walcott - quick, direct - did good but still don't rate him but fair play on a good 30 minutes from him
Ox - not on long enough

Woy - Did good, it worked and we won. Baffling substitution to bring on a winger when taking Welbeck off late - surprised it wasn't a defensive mid to shut down the midfield.

Re: Glen Johnson - You are terrible.

Agreed, my comment in match day thread

Johnson - defensive positioning awful, played their first goal onside (and managed to score it for them also). Couple of good covering tackles raved about by the commentators, pity they were only necessary because he'd screwed up his positioning in the 1st place.

LOL @ Carragher saying he was 'unlucky'.

For the first goal Johnson was playing everyone onside as all his fellow defenders pushed out. Then Joe makes a great save to push it wide and Johnson knocks it into the goal. What a nugget.

ManCitizens. said:
Both goals v Sweden his fault, shocking player. I hope your enjoying yourself on a beach Micah.

Yeah, but for me not as bad as Scott 'I'll hide in any available crevice on the pitch, whether between two or three Swedish players just so I don't receive the ball, or just plain refusing to show for any fucking pass from any one of our defenders' Parker. Now he is utter fucking dogshit. A truly terrible player.

He also made a couple of potential goal saving challenges,he wasn't even close to being the worst England player tonight.

We were terrible and just about beat a very poor Swedish side due to a slice of good fortune and a ''Try a flick here and see what happens'' goal,luckily it went in.

We are a poor one paced side,terrified of making a mistake and who can hardly string two passes together.We might......we have to at least draw against Ukraine yet who need a win.....scrape through the group but it is only delaying the inevitable.We are light years away from Spain and Germany and probably France,despite our draw against them.

We really need to go right back to basics from the kids upwards in this country and get coaches who teach ball retention,being comfortable with it and passing it about.If Brendan Rodgers could do it and get lower league players playing that way,surely it is not beyond coaches at the national level doing the same?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.