EURO 2012: Day 8 Matchday Thread

Re: Glen Johnson - You are terrible.

Milner had a decent first half. Some decent crosses and kept the Swedes busy, but he definitely faded. Johnson is crap.

bluenova said:
Milner and Young did have bad games too, but Johnson was responsible for both goals - and that adds up to a shockingly bad game. He just doesn't seem to be aware of what's going on around him.

First Goal: It's a rare quality when you can say that a defender would have been better if he wasn't on the pitch. He was unlucky that Joe's save hit him, but he was simply not paying attention when he didn't push out after the goal.

Second Goal: Watch it again and tell me what he was supposed to be doing? He's the England player in the position to clear the ball, and he doesn't even jump. It's not like it happened too quickly - he has time to turn around and watch Mellberg head into the net. Might his time have been better spent trying to head the ball?

He had an occasionally eye-catching display because he is quick enough to make last ditch tackles, and recovery tackles always look more impressive than being in the right place before the ball arrives.

The fucking Idiot Carried on man marking his man and followed him right into the six yard box when everyone else in defence stepped up to play the offside trap.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
danburge82 said:
Ashley Young and James Milner had worse games than Glen Johnson.

Gordon go of and watch some of England's previous games with different people playing on the right of midfield.
Glen Johnson has done the same thing to loads of people on the right of midfield including SWP, AJ and now Milner. I'm not saying Milner didn't make mistakes he did as every player does over the course of a match. It doesn't help though when you have a guy with fuck all football intelligence behind you dropping you in the shit all the time.

Burnage blue boy said:
Milner had a decent first half. Some decent crosses and kept the Swdes busy, but he definitely faded. Johnson is crap.

my pet hate is one footed players, johnson is exactly that.

laserblue said:
de niro said:
Burnage blue boy said:
Milner had a decent first half. Some decent crosses and kept the Swdes busy, but he definitely faded. Johnson is crap.

my pet hate is one footed players, johnson is exactly that.

never admired maradona then? ;)

David-Silva.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pv6VZcSQ8[/youtube]

I would have had Micah, Kyle and probably even Smalling ahead of him but I think he's justified his selection, thought he had a good game yesterday. Lescott also played well. Young was diabolical.

Why is he in the squad if he has to have an out of position Milner babysitting him? Milner isn't the winger that so many England fans want him to be because he is a central midfielder! And then he's crucified because of it! Better range of passing than Parker, makes himself available more often, probably reads the game better, put him in there Roy!

Glen Johnson - You are terrible.

Joehannes said:
Why is he in the squad if he has to have an out of position Milner babysitting him? Milner isn't the winger that so many England fans want him to be because he is a central midfielder! And then he's crucified because of it! Better range of passing than Parker, makes himself available more often, probably reads the game better, put him in there Roy!

Correct Milner very rarely plays in his position stick Parker on the wing and Milner in central and see how well Parker plays there

Personally I believe not only has Johnson been gash you can add Gerrard and Parker and Young to that in fact it is almost easier to name the players who have been consistently good rather than bad over the last couple of games. Of course I want England to win but the football we have played has been terrible (maybe spoiled watching City).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.