EURO 2012: Day 8 Matchday Thread

Re: Glen Johnson - You are terrible.

Burnage blue boy said:
Milner had a decent first half. Some decent crosses and kept the Swdes busy, but he definitely faded. Johnson is crap.

You need to remove those blue-tinted glasses mate.
Milner had a shocker.
Yes,he was out of position,but he just looked jaded,which is fair enough after the season he's had.

Uber Blue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Both goals v Sweden his fault, shocking player. I hope your enjoying yourself on a beach Micah.

Yeah, but for me not as bad as Scott 'I'll hide in any available crevice on the pitch, whether between two or three Swedish players just so I don't receive the ball, or just plain refusing to show for any fucking pass from any one of our defenders' Parker. Now he is utter fucking dogshit. A truly terrible player.

Agree wholeheartedly Parker is one of the worst players to put on an England shirt.

Glen Johnson - You are terrible.

Johnson and Gerrard had good games yesterday. We saw Johnson lose his concentration, but his tackles and support made up for that. If it wasn't for his crossing (which is far better than Micah's/Walker's), Walcott wouldn't have scored.

As for the guy who said 'Germany and Spain won't be quaking in their boots', who's expecting them to be? After 2010, we started building from Ground Zero. After Capello left a few months ago, we had to re-build again! Personally, I'm happy with the progress so far.

Both him and scott parker are shite. How richards isnt there i dont know and even carrick to be fair

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Burnage blue boy said:
Milner had a decent first half. Some decent crosses and kept the Swdes busy, but he definitely faded. Johnson is crap.

You need to remove those blue-tinted glasses mate.
Milner had a shocker.

In all honestly I'm not being bias. I even said on facebook that Welbecks goal was class & nearly got strung up by some blue mates!

If a Citeh player has a real shocker I'm the first to admit.

Have to say Adam Johnson would of done a better job on the left than that useless tosser Young

Lawrenson said he was our best defender I think he's a liability though parker and young also dump last night

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Ric said:
Like I say, it's all about opinions.

But your theory that his inclusion is because of a United bias falls down somewhat on the exclusion of Ferdinand and Carrick. Surely they should have been there on merit, ahead of Kelly and Henderson. If anything there's a Liverpool bias in Hodgson's selection. Downing ahead of Adam Johnson is another example.

I agree on that much, I think it's a more Scouse bias, Carrick just is never fancied and Ferdinand is because of Terry.

Priceless.
You start off about a supposed bias towards United players because one of them had the audacity to score the winning goal,then Ric brings some logic to the party,and all of a sudden the bias is towards Liverpool.
Has it ever occurred to you that there is no great conspiracy here,and that Hodgson just picks the players he thinks will do the business on the day?
His substitutions worked,and got the result we needed.
Put it this way.
Would you rather Welbeck had not played,and England had drawn instead?
And would you still be saying that winning goal was a fluke if Silva had scored it for Spain?

No I didn't start on a bias about United players, I posted why I thought Welbeck shouldn't have been there and is only there because he plays for United, the point is proven as 4 strikers who scored more goals than him who offer equally as much if not more in other areas of the pitch didn't get picked ahead of him. Just because the bias doesn't extend to Carrick doesn't mean there isn't some form of bias there in the first place, if Welbeck had scored 9 goals for Stoke or Norwich he wouldn't be there.
Hodgson isn't picking players on merit, and if you don't want to agree that's fine but you're wrong.
There's no correlation between Welbeck not playing and England not winning, on that basis play Micah instead of Glen and England would have kept a clean sheet.
Like I said, I thought it was lucky and would have no problem saying that if it was Welbeck, Silva or Gareth Taylor who had scored it, in the same way Lescott's goal against Spurs was lucky as he essentially bummed it in, at normal speed it looked like Welbeck completely miscontrolled it, only at slow-mo and the right angle did it look like he had some intention and even then he had no control over it, he just managed to get a flick on it and it went in, lucky, just because he won the game yesterday doesn't mean it has any bearing on the point I made.

bondsman said:
Lawrenson said he was our best defender I think he's a liability though parker and young also dump last night
No links there then. Johnson was at fault for both their goals and no amount of last second tackles can make up for that.

spurspinter1 said:
I would have had Micah, Kyle and probably even Smalling ahead of him but I think he's justified his selection, thought he had a good game yesterday. Lescott also played well. Young was diabolical.

That's because Young is overrated by rag loving media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.