Euro 2024

screenshot_20240711_142526_chrome-jpg.125007

Most expensive squads in the euros (i think). Just out of interest
Strange they’ve only counted Rodri’s value for Spain’s squad cost.

Same as any other tournament with Southgate. Mediocre.
Best tournament finishes for almost 60 yrs!
First EVER tournament final on foreign soil.

The football hasn’t always been City-esque, but of the 24 best teams in Europe, England are about to become #1 or #2. Hard to argue with success, esp given our tournament history.

Best tournament finishes for almost 60 yrs!
First EVER tournament final on foreign soil.

The football hasn’t always been City-esque, but of the 24 best teams in Europe, England are about to become #1 or #2. Hard to argue with success, esp given our tournament history.
But has nothing to show for it. Deschamps has succeeded to some degree as a manager both domestically and an International coach playing in a similar style to England.

But has nothing to show for it. Deschamps has succeeded to some degree as a manager both domestically and an International coach playing in a similar style to England.

We’ve seen all and sundry have a crack at this job since ‘66, and NO-ONE has done as well as Southgate has done, while bringing in a new generation of young talent.

I wouldn’t want him as City’s PL manager, but he has shown himself to be an excellent player-manager and has the best overall tournament record of ANY England manager EVER, even including Sir Alf’s one off!

Mate, I’m not sure how else I can say it, or whether your personal bias can be overcome by facts, so I’ll stop wasting my time.

We’ve seen all and sundry have a crack at this job since ‘66, and NO-ONE has done as well as Southgate has done, while bringing in a new generation of young talent.

I wouldn’t want him as City’s PL manager, but he has shown himself to be an excellent player-manager and has the best overall tournament record of ANY England manager EVER, even including Sir Alf’s one off!

Mate, I’m not sure how else I can say it, or whether your personal bias can be overcome by facts, so I’ll stop wasting my time.
Agree to disgaree that is all. England can do a lot better than they are showing regardless of semi finals and finals

Agree to disgaree that is all. England can do a lot better than they are showing regardless of semi finals and finals
Everybody, always. It’s why we (they) work so hard everyday.

The drive to strive keeps us alive!

Everybody, always. It’s why we (they) work so hard everyday.

The drive to strive keeps us alive!
Underperformed as a team and I am sticking by it. I know you won't change your stance on the National side either. First half in the opening fixture vs Serbia and the first half that was it.

Exactly mate. Very well said.

Underperformed as a team and I am sticking by it. I know you won't change your stance on the National side either. First half in the opening fixture vs Serbia and the first half that was it.
Unbeaten and in the Final! 22 countries wish they were in his position!

Unbeaten and in the Final! 22 countries wish they were in his position. Still papers over the cracks. 8 Years in charge and still not fully functioning as a team on a consistent basis.
8 Years and still not fully functioning as team despite that. Papering over the cracks. I'll leave you to your heavy England bias. City have won the lot in that time. And I know you are trying to whoosh me on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.