Euro 2024

The record suggests that is bias, not a reading of facts.

Have a goodnight
Sure Southgate has gone further than any manager since 1966. That is a fact.

Another fact is that he has done what every England manager has done which is, generally stink out the group stages and then lose to the first decent team we face in the knockouts. WC 2014 and Euro 2016 were complete horror shows.

Even his biggest fanboys have to accept he's been incredibly lucky with the groups, and the side of the draws we've ended up on.

In his games where we've lost against decent teams, he hasn't faced any adversity. Hoddle had Beckham sent off in '98, Sven had Rooney injured early in '04, and he then had Rooney sent off in '06. Southgate has just been out thought each time.

I hope we win on Sunday and I don't care how. It's a one-off game and anything can happen, christ Martinez's Wigan beat us in an FA Cup final, and Di Matteo led Chelsea to their first Champions League. Shit managers can win tournaments, it doesn't stop them being shit managers.

Sure Southgate has gone further than any manager since 1966. That is a fact.

Another fact is that he has done what every England manager has done which is, generally stink out the group stages and then lose to the first decent team we face in the knockouts. WC 2014 and Euro 2016 were complete horror shows.

Even his biggest fanboys have to accept he's been incredibly lucky with the groups, and the side of the draws we've ended up on.

In his games where we've lost against decent teams, he hasn't faced any adversity. Hoddle had Beckham sent off in '98, Sven had Rooney injured early in '04, and he then had Rooney sent off in '06. Southgate has just been out thought each time.

I hope we win on Sunday and I don't care how. It's a one-off game and anything can happen, christ Martinez's Wigan beat us in an FA Cup final, and Di Matteo led Chelsea to their first Champions League. Shit managers can win tournaments, it doesn't stop them being shit managers.
You can only beat the teams they put in front of you and a few people might say both Switzerland & Netherlands were decent teams with good records. However, they must have been shit, because we beat them with Southgate as manager and Southgate is a shit manager, right?

I’m not even saying whether or not he is a good manager, and have said I wouldn’t want him at City, but I cannot, and will not, ignore the reality of his record in the big tournaments.

Best.Record.Ever.

Hard to beat that, but he might even embellish it further in Sunday! How shit would he have to be to surprise everyone and do that?!

Why do I have a picture of you shaking your fist at that mansion (manager) on the hill?

Last edited:
You can only beat the teams they put in front of you and a few people might say both Switzerland & Netherlands were decent teams with good records. However, they must have been shit, because we beat them with Southgate as manager and Southgate is a shit manager, right?

I’m not even saying whether he is or not a good manager, and have said I wouldn’t want him at City, but I cannot, and will not, ignore the reality of his record in the big tournaments.

Best.Record.Ever.

Hard to beat that, but he might even embellish it further in Sunday! How shit would he have to be to surprise everyone and do that?!

Why do I have a picture of you shaking your fist at that mansion (manager) on the hill?
Why do you have a picture of me? and am I naked in it?

Yes, you can only beat the teams in front of you, it does help that all these teams have been inferior to us. Both Switzerland and the Netherlands are currently teams we're expected to beat.

His record is the best. Records also show Coldplay as the biggest selling group of the 21st century, but my ears don't deceive me, they are shite.

Has there been a performance under Southgate that has made you think we look like genuine contenders? A statement performance worthy of the talent we have, that would have our peers worried about facing us?

Why do you have a picture of me? and am I naked in it?

Yes, you can only beat the teams in front of you, it does help that all these teams have been inferior to us. Both Switzerland and the Netherlands are currently teams we're expected to beat.

His record is the best. Records also show Coldplay as the biggest selling group of the 21st century, but my ears don't deceive me, they are shite.

Has there been a performance under Southgate that has made you think we look like genuine contenders? A statement performance worthy of the talent we have, that would have our peers worried about facing us?
You’re arguing against someone else, because you’re trying to score points I’m not particularly arguing.

He’s not pulled up trees and has clearly created a new, young team in transition that has performed well enough in this tournament to get to the Final.

So, are we contenders? Absolutely! We are in a one-off game, on neutral turf, that either team can win.

Are we favorites? Absolutely not! Spain have been, by far, the best team in the tournament. But, if the best team won every game, City would have been unbeaten for the last four or five seasons, almost without exception.

As for Coldplay, you argue against yourself! You show that the masses are not necessarily always right, if you believe you have greater insight…or maybe they are and you’re right about England and your ears are not nearly as good as you think?

Quandary.

You know how they sing it’s coming home, it’s coming home? Well surely that was the World Cup they were/are singing about so if we win this Euro 24 thingymabob it’s not coming home is it? We’ve never won that have we? So it’s visiting but not coming home.
Just my random thoughts due to insomnia. :-)

You know how they sing it’s coming home, it’s coming home? Well surely that was the World Cup they were/are singing about so if we win this Euro 24 thingymabob it’s not coming home is it? We’ve never won that have we? So it’s visiting but not coming home.
Just my random thoughts due to insomnia. :-)
Might I suggest NYQUIL PM?

“It’s coming home” definitely refers to ‘66, but I think, more broadly, it relates to football, and the rewards of success.

I'm not trying to score points nor argue. I'm just providing context to the facts.

Southgate has the best record of any England manager at tournaments. At these tournaments:
  • We swat aside the minnows - Panama, Iran
  • We struggle against, but ultimately overcome, inferior but well-organised opposition - Tunisia, USA, Colombia, Slovakia, Switzerland
  • We lose against the first decent side we play against - Croatia, Italy, France
All whilst playing dull unimaginative football.

The context shows that despite Southgate's amazing record we haven't progressed under him as a team?

I disagree with your statement that he has created this young team, I think he has merely benefited from an organic transition, and that he has (arguably) the most technically gifted, and tactically astute generation of English footballers to choose from.

Of course the best teams don't always win, Ten Hag fluked his way to an FA Cup win and United fans wanted him shot out of a cannon as far away from Old Trafford as possible.

I'll be hoping by hook or by crook we win on Sunday. I'll be celebrating like everyone else if we do, but it won't change my opinion on Southgate.

I'll leave the final word on Coldplay to Peep Shows Super Hans "People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy."

today, i wrote the same shit in ''racism'' thread...

about M. Demiral (TR) decision:
UEFA disciplined him due to a politic reason (racism lets say as all we know), (by the way a ban is right for me, he must be disciplined)

and then 2 games ban, which is also a political decision... a warning or a fine was adequate..

so,
UEFA is trying to be anti-racist or anti-poltical, and while doing that UEFA is being more racist and more political..

oooo.. what a circus....
ps:
i can not choose which institution i hate, or when i see the name vomit

uefa or FIFA or.... ok.. lets not get polticial there ara other institutions
but UEFA....
i hate the most top 5
ps2:
i was a sprt agent for a major newspaper when i was 22 in 2002....
when i was a uni student.. i was also working..
anyway

uefa top guys, came to istanbul hilton in 2002 september i think. the topic was financial fairplay. i was in the conference as a uni student and a news agent, representing my newspaper. by the way it was a major newspaper...

i had so much respect for them, the uefa board those times...
even i could not even asked a question in press conference.. since i had so much respect for them.

when i look back, i just say that, kerem ''you are an idiot''

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.