Euro Qualifiers - Bulgaria v England halted twice due to racist fans

This game was proof that a partial stadium closure is bullshit. All it does is mean that the racists who still manage to get tickets are now a larger part of the crowd. These racists can openly do Nazi salutes on camera in the full knowledge that they're not going to be banned from watching football over there. Yes, racism happens in English football too, but no-one would be so brazen as to basically appear on camera doing so and expect to not get banned from football.

As for claim that it will take 30 years to make a difference, I suggest people watch that documentary with Joan Laporta where he talks about kicking the ultras out of Barcelona. It wasn't easy, but it didn't take 30 years, it was done pretty quickly once they were identified, and now you don't really hear anything about hooliganism or racist chanting coming out of Barcelona. The only reason is could take 30 years is because there's no will to do anything about it. There are clubs in Eastern Europe where 'fans' can turn up with racist slogans written on banners and still continue to return every game. What's the betting the Bulgarian FA's response to this is one of apologetics for the racists?

It gives the illusion that they are serious about stopping and abandoning a game yet we have seen that step three will never be enacted because they are not really all that serious.

The monkey chants continued all that second half and they did nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get told a walk off would mean them awarding Bulgaria the game and points.
Whilst it shouldn't come to that, get 4-0 up and walk off the pitch.

Don't worry about the 3 points - I think that's a rather powerful statement........

Whilst it shouldn't come to that, get 4-0 up and walk off the pitch.

Don't worry about the 3 points - I think that's a rather powerful statement........

Agree and whilst i applaud what England did tonight i cant help but feel they too ignored the second half abuse and wouldn't take the ultimate stance and step required.

Its a real shame but no surprise when you hear idiots like the guy in charge of the FA afterwards.

It gives the illusion that they are serious about stopping and abandoning a game yet we have seen that step three will never be enacted because they are not really all that serious.

The monkey chants continued all that second half and they did nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get told a walk off would mean them awarding Bulgaria the game and points.
Yeah, UEFA has consistently shown that at best they only show lip service when it comes to racism with the paltry fines they’ve dished out.

Agree and whilst i applaud what England did tonight i cant help but feel they too ignored the second half abuse and wouldn't take the ultimate stance and step required.

Its a real shame but no surprise when you hear idiots like the guy in charge of the FA afterwards.
To be fair Mings came across very well after the game and it seems the players wanted to carry on, there did seem to be a fair few tuffed out and it did tone down in second half not ideal but you gotta start somewhere. It's over to UEFA now for their response.

If I was Kane I think I would have given the crowd 5 minutes in the second half and then walked them off.

Any flack the footballing world may have then gets directed to the white captain.

Like you, I'm not sure the value in just ignoring it after having the game halted in the first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.