Barry
Rodwell
Sinclair
Balotelli
Milner
Dzeko/Gudetti
Resting most of our big guns for the league

shevtheblue said:
Nothing to do with arrogance more to do with priorities. League is more important.

Yep.

MCFC BOB said:
No. I said it last year and I was given all kinds of abuse but I'll say it again.

If we go all out in the Europa League we will not win the Premier League. It really is as simple as that.

Double yep.

Hopefully Dortmund will play their B team and they wont really care.

Last year it worked against Bayern.

Only difference about 80.000 people will go out for this match in Dortmund and front of them they probably wont play their B team.

If they play their best team I wouldnt bet huge money on a City win. We didnt beat anyone so far in the group home or away when it was about the CL qualification.
dont think EL qualification gives that much more ambition to the team.

From another point of view it would be good for extra European experience and coeff points. We need both.

You really do want to go far in the Europa , it's your chance to get European experience. Although I think Madrid would beat you if you met them , your players need to learn how to play against European competition. You also need to get rid of players like Milner and Barry , both hold you back. Anyway, Man U will be in the European cup so your main rivals are playing games as much as you ? Good luck .

simonmdm said:
If we want to get into pot 1 in the champions league anytime soon, getting into the Europa cup is a must for our coefficient points. Only getting 5 or 6 coefficient points this season will be a pain for us for the next 5 seasons.

But the Premier League should be our top priority now.
Does it really make a difference look at the group Chelsea got. There are so many good teams in pot 4 now.

MCFC4EVR said:
simonmdm said:
If we want to get into pot 1 in the champions league anytime soon, getting into the Europa cup is a must for our coefficient points. Only getting 5 or 6 coefficient points this season will be a pain for us for the next 5 seasons.

But the Premier League should be our top priority now.
Does it really make a difference look at the group Chelsea got. There are so many good teams in pot 4 now.

Not really when you put it like that I suppose! Plus being in pot 2 means we should always get a great home and away game against a top team.

Damocles said:
I'm old school, I ant to win every single game, every single cup and take every single opportunity.

Bring it on, was a laugh last year and I'd like to win it
I will want us to win every competition when I believe we can win every competition.

We dropped out of the Europa League to Dynamo Kyiv in 2011. Out of the eleven games we had remaining in domestic competitions that season we won 8, finished third and won the FA Cup in the process.

We dropped out of the Europa League to Sporting Lisbon in 2012. Out of the 10 remaining domestic games we had left in that season we won 7 and won the league in the process of doing so.

Damo, you're better with stats than I am, who was the last team from England, Italy, Spain or Germany to win the Europa League/UEFA Cup and win its domestic league in the same season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.