europa cup

Ruhr said:
City need points for the UEFA ranking, otherwise pot 3 is not far away
Get next to nothing in the Europa League and we wouldn't be up for it

And we should have qualified from this group. Ajax were a poor team, and Real Madrid weren't that special either. We massively underperformed in the competition this season. We just have to bring our Premiership game to Europe and believe in ourselves.

We gave ridiculous goals away at home to Ajax, Real Madrid and Dortmund. Although Dortmund did more than enough to win that game

MCFC BOB said:
Damo, you're better with stats than I am, who was the last team from England, Italy, Spain or Germany to win the Europa League/UEFA Cup and win its domestic league in the same season?

It never happens because, unlike us, the top teams from these countries usually progress to the latter rounds of the CL therefore have no chance of actually winning the Europa League in the first place.

You say we aren't strong enough to compete on 2 fronts. Go and compare our squad to the rag squad from the 10/11 season that won the league, got to the final of the CL and the semis of the FA cup and tell me who's group of players is the stronger of the 2.

Damanino said:
Hopefully Dortmund will play their B team and they wont really care.

Last year it worked against Bayern.

Only difference about 80.000 people will go out for this match in Dortmund and front of them they probably wont play their B team.

If they play their best team I wouldnt bet huge money on a City win. We didnt beat anyone so far in the group home or away when it was about the CL qualification.
dont think EL qualification gives that much more ambition to the team.

From another point of view it would be good for extra European experience and coeff points. We need both.

The Germans would like nowt better than to get a double over the English champions. I'd be very surprised if they put out a reserve side. They will send the strongest message to any team still left in that if they have designs on winning the CL then they will have to overcome Borussia - clearest message is winning handsomely every match and every leg!

We have enough depth in the squad to win the Europa League, The premiership and the FA Cup.

We must try and win everything and have a winning culture at the club.

Who the fuck do we think we are dismissing a competition like this?

Fuck me we really are spoilt.

scousemanc said:
Firstly, we won't win in Dortmund so its an academic question.

Secondly, the thought of that Thursday/Sunday merry-go-round just depresses me.

Are n't many of games on a sunday for Tv purposes anyway? At least we would n't have any "Monday Night Football".

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
scousemanc said:
Firstly, we won't win in Dortmund so its an academic question.

Secondly, the thought of that Thursday/Sunday merry-go-round just depresses me.

Are n't many of games on a sunday for Tv purposes anyway? At least we would n't have any "Monday Night Football".

Out of our 7 home games this season, 4 have been on saturday and 3 on sunday. I am guessing that most fans who attend all the home games like myself, prefer Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.