europa cup

shevtheblue said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
We have to win as Ajax have the upper hand in the head to heads.

I also agree, only arrogant rag ***** would turn down a crack at another trophy.
Nothing to do with arrogance more to do with priorities. League is more important.

We MUST get in and progress in the EL to maintain some UEFA Co-Efficiency. It's our only hope of having an easier group next season.

We may end up back in pot 3 next season anyway if some of the top teams qualify.

I don't want to go out without a win, that alone is enough for beating Dortmund and going into the Europa League, It is a chance to improve our co-efficient and since past this year we all never want to be in it again then lets fucking win it put our name on the trophy let the players collect their medals. We would also get a chance up against the European Champions in the supercup, so really the only is excuse we need to keep everybody fit for the league despite having a big squad with enough depth when will only have a shot at one other cup competition in which we could go out at first round again so lets show some pride and some fight beat Dortmund and then rip through European opponents at will at the etihad because it may be a few years before we see it in the CL.

Erm let's not. Let's turn up to Dortmund with the kids and let's win the Barclays Premier League back-to-back and whilst we're at it, let's win the FA Cup.

Only a fool would jeopardise our chances of the above by trying to get into the Europa League.

If we can't get up for the Champions League, why would we be switched on for the Europa League?

And only way we can qualify is by winning in Dortmund, which we are not going to do

We don't need experience in Europe. We just need to focus and play with the intensity we see in the Premiership. We shot ourselves in the foot in Europe. We were good enough, we just never showed up

I believe it will negatively impact our chances of retaining Our League Title. So I want nowt to do with it. It's only a trophy for also rans that weren't good enough for the Champions League anyhow. That makes it pretty much a meaningless trophy in my book. Kids and fringe players then fair enough I suppose and then stick with them if they qualify. Otherwise full tilt at remaining CHAMPIONS and a decent stab at the FA Cup. Thursdays and Sundays? No ta.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/November/City-v-Real-Madrid-Mancini-press-conference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... conference</a>

MCFC BOB said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Erm let's not. Let's turn up to Dortmund with the kids and let's win the Barclays Premier League back-to-back and whilst we're at it, let's win the FA Cup.

Only a fool would jeopardise our chances of the above by trying to get into the Europa League.
Thank you.

I thought you had left the forum, in any case surely you would want us to go into the EL as if we don't win the league you get to tell us that you were right and roll out the pathetic "I told you so routine", to which I am convinced you would take much more delight in than actually winning a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.