europa cup

Premiership>Europa League

£28 for second string side, Thursdays/Sundays.

Not all that bothered about it, FA Cup and The Premiership please.

Newcastle are now in the Europa, look at them. Proves a point, don't want Europa.

Freestyler said:
Premiership>Europa League

£28 for second string side, Thursdays/Sundays.

Not all that bothered about it, FA Cup and The Premiership please.

Newcastle are now in the Europa, look at them. Proves a point, don't want Europa.
Problem is we do need the europa so we can improve our co efficent get a better seeding and hopefully avoid yet another tough draw next year.

Mancini wont say in front of press he doesnt care about the EL and it is better not getting into it.

His record in Europe shows the reasons anyway. Why would he bother with an extra fiasco? Dinamo Kijev, Sporting. We couldnt beat these teams in 1/16 ties of EL last two seasons. And we played fairly strong teams every times it wasnt like Scapuzzi and co...

It is better to find excuses of horrible CL result now even for not getting that 3rd place than getting into EL and then find some excuses why u lost to a Ukraine team or a tricky team from Serbia...

Yeah, we are struggling in Europe and EL could be a place to practice but Mancini think the PL win can save his job and it is a little bit more important for him to save his job than some extra experience for our clear weaknesses in Europe.

He is not fucking making the things easier for the coach that will be after him he will be the coach who doesnt want to get fired and hopes league titles will be enough for that not like it was at Inter when he won it 3 times in a row in the league but the owner's patience run out because of his CL results.

Probably he is right Mansour wont fire him with winning the league even if we never get to February in CL. (And what about the final in May. Never mind.)

But patience is a thingthat runs out if you dont reach those goals you have to, so not winning the league is a lot worse thing than a "maybe EL success and good experience for the team blabla...".

I think he could stop EL and CL as a competition he would do so. He would cancel these tournaments for good.:)

Can't believe some of the rubbish being spouted. Why would we not want the Europa League? It's another trophy to try and win and progression will improve our co-efficient for next seasons champions league tournament. Also, it's not at all different to playing in the Champions League in terms of rest periods as it's Thursdays and Sundays as opposed to Wednesdays and Saturdays. Unbelievable that some people would happily see us knocked out of 2 competitions in one go rather than see us try and win some European silverware too. Our squad is huge, we should be fine competing for 3 cups

shevtheblue said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
We have to win as Ajax have the upper hand in the head to heads.

I also agree, only arrogant rag ***** would turn down a crack at another trophy.
Nothing to do with arrogance more to do with priorities. League is more important.

Yes the league is more important but if we fail to qualify for Europa league then our rating is going to take a real hit and we are going to get stuck in the group of death again next year and risk another failed CL campaign. I think it's really key to qualify so we can get game time for the likes of Balotelli, Lescott, Garcia, etc.. so they can get into a playing grove. I think it's a lot to ask of a player to sit on the bench for 2-3 weeks then start a game and expect him to play well.

we must absolutely go for the europa leauge this is a chance to put another major trophy into a still rather sparse cabinet. remember mancini quotes us as having won 3 trophys one of which is the charity shield. uefa cup anyone

tommcfc said:
Can't believe some of the rubbish being spouted. Why would we not want the Europa League? It's another trophy to try and win and progression will improve our co-efficient for next seasons champions league tournament. Also, it's not at all different to playing in the Champions League in terms of rest periods as it's Thursdays and Sundays as opposed to Wednesdays and Saturdays. Unbelievable that some people would happily see us knocked out of 2 competitions in one go rather than see us try and win some European silverware too. Our squad is huge, we should be fine competing for 3 cups

I'm with you I'd love us to win a European trophy, once you get to the 1/4 finals of Europa that's when it gets a bit more exciting though for me

People keep bitching about being placed in the group of death. The way of avoiding this is to win or do extremely well in this turny. And you play to win things not to just look to become 2nd best (some people sound like they have the arsenal mentality).

AntiUnited said:
People keep bitching about being placed in the group of death. The way of avoiding this is to win or do extremely well in this turny. And you play to win things not to just look to become 2nd best (some people sound like they have the arsenal mentality).

dortmund were ranked in the 4th pot as were cluj, need i say more

tonea2003 said:
AntiUnited said:

dortmund were ranked in the 4th pot as were cluj, need i say more

and ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.