Europa League draw

Tonster said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
didsburyblu said:
Thursday 16th february

Is that confirmed then coz I just found a dirt cheap flight?

Yep, see above from UEFA's web-site.

ive just booked my flights and hostel for £130 all in to porto! im a student going to my first away in europe! im just looking for 2 tickets now for the match! im a season ticket holder but dont have massive points will this sell out? if so can any one sort me 2 tickets for the game! or give me advice? cheers !

Re: Re: Europa League draw

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Actually I think I got it wrong as we get 4 points as a bonus for reaching last 16 plus an extra point. so it could be 8 points for the final and 9 if we win. That could just be enough to get us into Pot 2 next season so winning the EL could be very helpful to us.
Are you not forgetting how many we get for each win?

There is a thread about this. Portp got something like 30 points for winning it last year.
Only in the group stages do you get points for a win/draw. We've got those already. But Porto did get 28 points for winning it last year (plus their country coefficient).

If you look at Porto's points tally from last year it includes 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw right through the comp. Then various bonus points for progressing through the stages, then the country co-efficient.

Tonster said:
jrb said:
Can anyone please confirm the day and date of the away leg. Can't seem to fnd the a specific date. Tuesday or Thursday? :-?

Thanks.

It's Thursday 16th February. Taken from UEFA's web-site

Round of 32 draw
1 FC Porto* (POR) v Manchester City FC* (ENG)¹
2 AFC Ajax* (NED) v Manchester United FC* (ENG)
3 FC Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) v Athletic Club (ESP)
4 FC Salzburg (AUT) v FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
5 Stoke City FC (ENG) v Valencia CF* (ESP)
6 FC Rubin Kazan (RUS) v Olympiacos FC* (GRE)
7 AZ Alkmaar (NED) v RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
8 S.S. Lazio (ITA) v Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
9 FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) v FC Twente (NED)
10 FC Viktoria Plzeň* (CZE) v FC Schalke 04 (GER)
11 Wisła Kraków (POL) v R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
12 SC Braga (POR) v Beşiktaş JK (TUR)²
13 Udinese Calcio (ITA) v PAOK FC (GRE)
14 Trabzonspor AŞ* (TUR) v PSV Eindhoven (NED)
15 Hannover 96 (GER) v Club Brugge KV (BEL)
16 Legia Warszawa (POL) v Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)

THERE ARE SOME BLOODY GOOD CLUBS IN THERE!!

Some quality clubs in that mix, who may or may not be what they were, and/or having good seasons, but this is not going to be a cake walk to a trophy at all. We could end up playing in Turkey ...god help the Blues who make the trip over there!! We could end up playing in Poland or Ukraine during a freezing winter....im sure Mario, Silva and our foreign boys will love that.

I dont want this tournament one bit. The added bonus that we may face the Rags and be able to knock them out has lightened it all a little for me, if that even ends up happening. However, I would much rather we had no more European footy this year and just cracked on with the domestic front, which will surely (january and postponements and fixture pile ups) prove hard enough for us.

Suarez , Rekik and co. go and get some valuable European experience and let's crack on domestically. Win the bloody thing if we can, but by no means will a) it be easy and b) should we place a lot of time and effort into it.

Just my thoughts.

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Are you not forgetting how many we get for each win?

There is a thread about this. Portp got something like 30 points for winning it last year.
Only in the group stages do you get points for a win/draw. We've got those already. But Porto did get 28 points for winning it last year (plus their country coefficient).

If you look at Porto's points tally from last year it includes 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw right through the comp. Then various bonus points for progressing through the stages, then the country co-efficient.
You know what? That's not what it says on the UEFA web-site but I think you're right as it's the only way I can get to 28 points. They won 5 and drew 1 of the group stage games, giving them 11 points then won 7 of their nine knock-out games giving them 14 and a total of 25. They also got 3 bonus points (although I thought it should have been 4).

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

You know what? That's not what it says on the UEFA web-site but I think you're right as it's the only way I can get to 28 points. They won 5 and drew 1 of the group stage games, giving them 11 points then won 7 of their nine knock-out games giving them 14 and a total of 25. They also got 3 bonus points (although I thought it should have been 4).
Apology accepted Colin. ;-)

Ps good luck tomorrow. I'll be listening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.