Europa League (Merged)

Re: Europa League

B team. + some key players unless they are in need of rest.

After all, it's good european experience for players like Abu, Savic etc....

i don't get it why are you underestimating europa league. it's not exactly a walk in the park.
it's a good competition and a perfect opportunity for city to gather the necessary experience in playing against european clubs.

Europa League 2012-What Should We Expect?

The final will be in Bucharest.

We're in the Round of 32, the draw for that and the Last 16 is on 16th December.

The Last 32 legs are the 16th and 23rd of February(not including permutations such as Aris/PAOK clash last season).

The Last 16 legs are the 8th and 15th of March, should we progress.

The 12 group winners + the 4 best placed 3rd placed teams in the Champions League are seeded, the runners-up and other 4 CL teams are not.

So we are seeded for the draw, the final round of group games are next week but here's how it's looking.

Seeded:

Manchester City
Manchester United
Olympiacos
Valencia
Standard Liege
PSV Eindhoven
Sporting CP
Athletic Bilbao
Schalke 04
Metalist Kharkiv
FC Twente

Unseeded:

FC Porto
AFC Ajax
Trabzonspor
Viktoria Plzen
Hannover 96
Legia Warsaw.

PAOK, Stoke, Braga, Atletico Madrid, RSC Anderlecht and Lokomotiv Moskva have all qualified but their final position isn't determined.

In Group A it's likely Rubin Kazan will qualify ahead of Spurs, Group D is between Vaslui and Lazio, Group E between Besiktas and our nemesis Dynamo Kyiv, Group F is between Salzburg and PSG(would be interesting), Group G is between AZ Alkmaar and Austria Wien, Group G is between Club Brugge and Birmingham, Group I between Udinese and Celtic, Group J is tight between Maccabi Haifa, Steaua Bucharest & AEK Larnaca and Group K is between Fulham and Wisla Krakow.

I should also add that country protection rules apply for the Round of 32 only, so if Birmingham, Fulham, Stoke and/or Spurs qualify 2nd and are unseeded we can't draw them for the Last 32.

Said in another topic, the mopre matches we win/more round we get trough, the better chance we have to move Pot 2 from this years' Pot3. What had a major role next to luck that we ended up this death group.

But PL is ultimate priority, more important than next years CL group.

We will see how can we combine them, if we are ok in fitness level we should try to get far. That also gives us some point, e.g. the winner doesnt get so much more pints than a losing semi-finalist.

A team for first leg win by 5 goals, B team for second leg.

joezilla said:
i don't get it why are you underestimating europa league. it's not exactly a walk in the park.
it's a good competition and a perfect opportunity for city to gather the necessary experience in playing against european clubs.
indeed, some good teams in there this year, valencia and ajax (i presume third place drop into the europa in all the champions league groups), rags and as it proved last year, it is not a walk in the park indeed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.