Europa league

Sims said:
With this team and players, MC should go for both, spending so much money over 3 years. The coach Mancini have to, otherwise he can leave de club with his defending games. De Jong have to transfer, he is not valuable at this moment. It is a player with a lot of ristrictions. I think, this years is for mancini important, other wise he will leave the club. Hope the best for your poor history. Hope the most for your long supporting supporters for more than 40 years, they deserve this, the title! or a title. You see money is not the garantee of succes. How is the youth of MC? If you have a educated youth plans for the future?

Thanks for the words of support, mate. To halfway-answer your question at the end, there... (I'm sure one of our more insightful fans will answe it fully...) Manchester City have a fantastic youth system and have had one for a long time now. We have some promising young talent rising through the ranks and they are learning to play football the way our first team does.

As far as the Europa League is concerned, when I look at it without thinking, then I don't care about it. But then I realise that a trophy is a trophy is a trophy... is a trophy.

The idea that it's not important is an idea that has come from clubs who see no financial value in the competition. I've merely adopted these views. So I'd like to see City win it, simply because winners win things.

PS - We won my favourite cup last year. If we get the league, I can die happy. But yeah, win everything City... win it as much as you can, as much as possible.

EL is not for the money it is a low ranking cup. Thanks for your answer for the youth aspect. The youth and the educational thing inside every club will be importanter. Than al money what the arabics and russians and goldman sach people will bring in. The eufa and like your FA council will restrict foreigh players and also the debt in the budget of the club will be restricted. Thats makes the youth very important.
If I watch your peremier league clubs over the years, than is the conclussion, low numbers of real english players, that's not good for your national team and own identity.
Hope the managers with openmind will give the youth an important place in the club and organisation in the future.

I'm not a Borat, only a football lover.

I will see a game live at 22 february against the Porto.

Question, is the old stadium at Main road in tact for a visit?

I

Amadeus20 said:
Dream-scenario:

Mourinho gets fired in Madrid arter a trophy-less season

Mourinho to manage City. That would be sick.

What are you thinking mate? Thats not a dream scenario buy any stretch of imagination. I like mancini for the way he is and even his flaws. We are lucky to have such a fantastic manager so that thought is just sick mate.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm --<br /><br />
RACHACE said:
Sims said:
With this team and players, MC should go for both, spending so much money over 3 years. The coach Mancini have to, otherwise he can leave de club with his defending games. De Jong have to transfer, he is not valuable at this moment. It is a player with a lot of ristrictions. I think, this years is for mancini important, other wise he will leave the club. Hope the best for your poor history. Hope the most for your long supporting supporters for more than 40 years, they deserve this, the title! or a title. You see money is not the garantee of succes. How is the youth of MC? If you have a educated youth plans for the future?

Is that you Borat?

LOL

Sims said:
EL is not for the money it is a low ranking cup. Thanks for your answer for the youth aspect. The youth and the educational thing inside every club will be importanter. Than al money what the arabics and russians and goldman sach people will bring in. The eufa and like your FA council will restrict foreigh players and also the debt in the budget of the club will be restricted. Thats makes the youth very important.
If I watch your peremier league clubs over the years, than is the conclussion, low numbers of real english players, that's not good for your national team and own identity.
Hope the managers with openmind will give the youth an important place in the club and organisation in the future.

I

You are right to a certain extent. We have bought copious amounts of foreign players in the last decade or so. But we do also have fantastic youth system evidenced by top players such as Barton, Sturridge, Richards and more recently Guidetti who at 19 years of age is dominating the Dutch Eredivisie at Feyenoord. We do have some top top players coming through. But even having a top class youth system comes with investment. That is the long-term aim of our owners and mancini is an ace at finding and developing young talent like he did at inter. So im not too worried at all. EL may be a smaller european cup but its a European championship nonetheless and we should be looking to win it. It does have some fantastic teams in it. Hope Porto vs Man City turns out to be a cracker.

Sims said:

I

Maine Road is dust, mate. It's all flats and houses now, I think.

Goldman Sachs, hahaha, the game is corrupt enough as it is, thank you.

City fans thanks for your information and will respect your fans and football thinking! See you at the game against Porto. I think many amsterdamsch people will see the footbal building what made is by mancini. Special our old player Nigel de Jong.

xenon_ said:
Sims said:

Thanks for the words of support, mate. To halfway-answer your question at the end, there... (I'm sure one of our more insightful fans will answe it fully...) Manchester City have a fantastic youth system and have had one for a long time now. We have some promising young talent rising through the ranks and they are learning to play football the way our first team does.

As far as the Europa League is concerned, when I look at it without thinking, then I don't care about it. But then I realise that a trophy is a trophy is a trophy... is a trophy.

The idea that it's not important is an idea that has come from clubs who see no financial value in the competition. I've merely adopted these views. So I'd like to see City win it, simply because winners win things.

PS - We won my favourite cup last year. If we get the league, I can die happy. But yeah, win everything City... win it as much as you can, as much as possible.

The question is if a European run in this competition costs us so much us two league points would you consider it worth it?

DD said:
xenon_ said:
Sims said:

The question is if a European run in this competition costs us so much us two league points would you consider it worth it?

That all depends, but I see your point. No matter what the reason, I still value the league over the cup.

DD said:
xenon_ said:
Sims said:

I don't believe Mancini would sacrifice 2 points for the Europa trophy if you offered him that trade off now

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't believe Mancini would sacrifice 2 points for the Europa trophy if you offered him that trade off now

Probably right about that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.