Europa league

i would think we and mancini should weigh up how we are going in the league when the europa comes around. if we have players back then yeah go for it. don't understand this attitude though about getting into pot 2. so what. villareal came out of pot 2 this year and through injuries etc were worst team in our group. dortmund won bundesliga and were till in pot 4. hopefully next year we will simpy play better never mind what pot we end up in.

who gives a shite about the Europa League!?
I reckon we'll still get the 2 trophies Bobby promised tho, there's no way the Carling is done and dusted!

St Ives blue said:
who gives a shite about the Europa League!?
I reckon we'll still get the 2 trophies Bobby promised tho, there's no way the Carling is done and dusted!

three trophies is still very much on for me

People forget about coefficients and points in the UEFA-ranking, thats huge if we want to do anything in CL next year.

Its important that we dont become a 3rd/4th seed in CL next year and avoid a Group og Death. Look what happened this year.

Amadeus20 said:
People forget about coefficients and points in the UEFA-ranking, thats huge if we want to do anything in CL next year.

Its important that we dont become a 3rd/4th seed in CL next year and avoid a Group og Death. Look what happened this year.

It's not just next year. The points we amass this season count for 5 years. I'm staggered by peoples short-sightedness regarding the Europa League.

Dream-scenario:

Mourinho gets fired in Madrid arter a trophy-less season

Mourinho to manage City. That would be sick.

The league isn't all that matters imo, why lay all your eggs in one basket? Let's say for instance that we don't win the league, we finish 2nd by a point or 2. The Europa League could provide us with a trophey at the end of the season that I for one would be very proud of having, it would in some way help mend me after the dissapointment of not winning the league.

Weakened squad and we are still 3 points clear, I and many others have posted on here that come end of January if we are still top whether it be only by goal difference it would have been a very good result considering the run in we have had since late December. I think that by the time we play Porto (16th Feb?), we could well see ourselves 5 or 6 points clear.

Hopefully we will focus and beat Wigan, then a big game against Spurs at our place. Despite the missing players we still have a team capable of winning both of these fixtures.

I also think we will do Liverpool at Anfield, I think FA Cup weekend is the weekend after the fixture at Anfield, they will also have to juggle their squad in order to compete in both the cup games and retain their fight for a top 4 finish.

Amadeus20 said:
Dream-scenario:

Mourinho gets fired in Madrid arter a trophy-less season

Mourinho to manage City. That would be sick.

Prick! Why would you want Mancini to fail? That would mean us failing! I can only guess that you support another team. If so fuck off and support them and take your nightmare scenario with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.