Europa league

Balti said:
at least the Charity Shield is contested by trophy winners and not also-rans that finished 7th in their league or dropped out of Europe's more meaningful elite competition. I'd have it alongside the Dublin Super Cup etc. An opportunity for the kids and rezzies to play some decent sides at most. No money in it and no glory; only fixture congestion and the corresponding negative impact on league form for the unwary.

And the Carling Cup? What spot did Liverpool earn last year? And who are we playing in the final? Cardiff? Now there's a monster team...

-- Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 pm --

Amadeus20 said:
Dream-scenario:

Mourinho gets fired in Madrid arter a trophy-less season

Mourinho to manage City. That would be sick.

Yeah, we want a manager who pokes the opposition coaches in the eye. Let's make City into a complete circus. Let's see if we can replace Hart with Barthez as well.

rather win the europa than the crappy carling cup anyday!

been wembley 3 times in a year, lets have a year off and get ourselves over to europe!

the point is not whether the Europa League is more prestigious than the League Cup.

They are both minor trophies in t e scheme of things.

The point is that we will have to play another 10 games or whatever, whereas the league cup is only 2. So for that reason the LC takes priority over the EL.

But they are both a 2 on the scale of importance whereas the title is a 10.

If we win the Europa League and miss out on the title dues to injuries/congestion, then we have fucked up big time. Mancini surely knows this. For City, at this stage in our development, the title is all.

Didsbury Dave said:
the point is not whether the Europa League is more prestigious than the League Cup.

The point is that we will have to play another 10 games or whatever, whereas the league cup is only 2. So for that reason the LC takes priority over the EL.

If we win the Europa League and miss out on the title dues to injuries/congestion, then we have fucked up big time. Mancini surely knows this. For City, at this stage in our development, the title is all.

True, but the LC does not improve our coefficient in Europe.

Comrade Buka said:
Didsbury Dave said:

True, but the LC does not improve our coefficient in Europe.

Noone at the club is making decisions like this on "European Coefficient". If the title is 10 on the scale of importance, that doesn't even make 0.1.

Didsbury Dave said:
Noone at the club is making decisions like this on "European Coefficient". If the title is 10 on the scale of importance, that doesn't even make 0.1.

Obviously the title is more important.

It is however interesting to see that all the yappers about our "learning curve" in Europe are being completely silent. The Europa League is Europe last time I checked. Or are there separate learning curves for every competition?

Learning curve my arse...

Comrade Buka said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Obviously the title is more important.

It is however interesting to see that all the yappers about our "learning curve" in Europe are being completely silent. The Europa League is Europe last time I checked. Or are there separate learning curves for every competition?

Learning curve my arse...

Totally agree Europe wasn't about "learning". The vast majority of the squad have huge experience playing in Europe. Poor performances, poor team selection and poor luck saw us out of Europe.

The team for the Europa League will surely include Hargreaves, Onuoha, Razak etc.

It will be odd for me to watch becuase my heart can't help wanting City to win every game, but my head says "Lose". I'm sure the heart will win of course.

With this team and players, MC should go for both, spending so much money over 3 years. The coach Mancini have to, otherwise he can leave de club with his defending games. De Jong have to transfer, he is not valuable at this moment. It is a player with a lot of ristrictions. I think, this years is for mancini important, other wise he will leave the club. Hope the best for your poor history. Hope the most for your long supporting supporters for more than 40 years, they deserve this, the title! or a title. You see money is not the garantee of succes. How is the youth of MC? If you have a educated youth plans for the future?

Sims said:
With this team and players, MC should go for both, spending so much money over 3 years. The coach Mancini have to, otherwise he can leave de club with his defending games. De Jong have to transfer, he is not valuable at this moment. It is a player with a lot of ristrictions. I think, this years is for mancini important, other wise he will leave the club. Hope the best for your poor history. Hope the most for your long supporting supporters for more than 40 years, they deserve this, the title! or a title. You see money is not the garantee of succes. How is the youth of MC? If you have a educated youth plans for the future?

Is that you Borat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.