European atmosphere ?

Flags, Banners, Colour and Noise - YES
Cherographed jumping around with top off and backs to the game - NO

It's just not English. It's a different kind of atmosphere, you bring a pole, argentinian, german over here and they will say we have good atmospheres, it's different, it's hard to explain.

Maine_Road said:
Eccles Blue said:
Now let me see: European atmosphere:

a) police with guns and riot shields

b) concrete 'prison like' entrances

c) refreshment booths with just tiny spy holes to get food and drink

e) toilets that i) stink to high heaven, ii) have no toilet paper iii) are so small that the men use the women's toilets at half time leaving some women embarrassed and humiliated

f) being kept behind in an area with so little room that people have trouble breathing and have to be helped by others as one small gate is opened to let all the fans through

do I need to go on?

I prefer the atmosphere we have at City of Manchester Stadium and the friendly, helpful stewards we have, the police who are a presence but not a threat, the singing and the refreshment stands that are open and, maybe sometimes a little slow but at least they are welcoming. Again need I go on.

So no, let's leave it as it is. Our flags etc can still be put around the stadium, we don't need overkill.

im sure this thread was about European atmosphere and not European hooligans ! :S are you saying that any fan who wants jump around sing and wave a flag is a trouble causer ?

I'm sorry, I have re-read my posting and nowhere do I see the word 'hooligans' nor did I say anything about jumping around and singing being wrong, in fact I said the singing without any embellishment. So am I not entitled to say?

As for the picture of Eccles, you should hear or even see the things I have said and written about how the powers that be have ruined Eccles town centre. But strangely enough I thought we were debating European grounds/atmosphere not the area where I live; we don't have a large football stadium here. :-)

Lumberjack Pete7 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fotmpIa0-EQ[/youtube]

maybe we could get this guy

The Besiktas Carsi, fuckin class! THE best fans in all the world!

The constant obsession across England from all clubs fans in chanting fuckin ridiculously shit, short, thick sounding, unimaginative, boring, tuneless, here-today-gone-tomorrow, bollocks all the time makes for consistently terrible atmospheres.

Our atmospere, whenever we bother to get one going, is hugely this kind of shit.

In the past football songs in English football had a real quality about them. Then around the mid nineties they turned into this fuckin shit we see and hear everywhere now. We have a club song that is up there with the Leeds "Marching On Together" in "The Boys In Blue" but we NEVER sing it. I'll bet you every single one of us knows every word to that song off by heart. This song could easily get an airing every week, especially at away games, but it never does. Instead we chant just four lines of a song called Blue Moon in the most dull shouting noise possible! Or worse chant shit like "we'll buy your club and burn it down", "your support is fuckin shit", "you fat bastard, you fat bastard"...

If we could get some of the old songs back and start up some new ones that are long and tuneful and take a while to learn but if given time would be mainstays for every matchday. But everybody is too fuckin lazy to make them up or when people do make them up everyone dismisses them because they're too lazy to learn them.

Liverpool and United have countless songs that are decent, proper football songs. As much as we hate them I do actually think United have about five times as many songs as we have. From game to game, apart from their U-N-I-T-E-D song that you hear all the time, they do actually sing different songs at different games. And one thing they do really well is singing one of their songs over and over and over again for like 6 or 7 minutes. Recently we've had a few of these start to creep in to our away atmospheres, which is a positive thing, but as much as a hate it I think United shit on us for songs.

I'd be all for getting some of the Besiktas kind of atmospheres. They don't really bother waving flags. They just make proper [frightening] noise that they ALL get involved in! They do have flares but the main thing about them is the constant noise. I don't know if anyone saw it when Liverpool played over there a few years ago but the scenes from the Besiktas fans were the very best things I've ever seen in football fan-dom! Truly unbelievable!

I think classy (unfortunately they cost a bomb!) big fuck off flags like they have in Italy look really great. Little flags no bigger than four feet on the end of a plastic pole are actually really tacky, shit efforts.

If we're gonna do something we should do it properly!

The best thing would be for the club to knock down the East Stand and build a one tier'd giant super stand (think Borussia Dortmund but along the pitch like athe Kippax was). That would give us a chance to get a mass of City fans all together and we could really make some noise. With the CoMS as it is at the moment with tiny little groups of vocal fans split up into puny little efforts either side of the away fans and small tiers all over the stadium so hardly anyone is sat in a big mass of fans together; we will never get past this barrier of an atmosphere at the CoMS!

is there any city fans firm ? ultras? I would like to know.

Anyway, here is a video from a home match of my team FC Zeljeznicar from Bosnia. Team where Dzeko started his career.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFoVSWoDFk[/youtube]

You have a massive crowd at Eeastlands, i give u that, but atmosphere could be better.

Cheers.

fc zeljeznicar said:
is there any city fans firm ? ultras? I would like to know.

Anyway, here is a video from a home match of my team FC Zeljeznicar from Bosnia. Team where Dzeko started his career.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFoVSWoDFk[/youtube]

You have a massive crowd at Eeastlands, i give u that, but atmosphere could be better.

Cheers.

"Could be better" is an understatement!

City firm? Not these days mate. Some people might think they're in one but it's not 1982 anymore! Ultras are different from hooligans though aren't they? Ultras aren't necessarily involved in violence are they?

When I said firm I was thinking of a group of guys leading the chants, organising coreographies, and if needed, well u know what. :)
I hope that u understand my point. Firm is not a group of hools for me.

U are right when you say that ultras aren't necessarily involved in violence. NECESSARILY. ;)

danburge82 said:
The constant obsession across England from all clubs fans in chanting fuckin ridiculously shit, short, thick sounding, unimaginative, boring, tuneless, here-today-gone-tomorrow, bollocks all the time makes for consistently terrible atmospheres.

Our atmospere, whenever we bother to get one going, is hugely this kind of shit.

In the past football songs in English football had a real quality about them. Then around the mid nineties they turned into this fuckin shit we see and hear everywhere now. We have a club song that is up there with the Leeds "Marching On Together" in "The Boys In Blue" but we NEVER sing it. I'll bet you every single one of us knows every word to that song off by heart. This song could easily get an airing every week, especially at away games, but it never does. Instead we chant just four lines of a song called Blue Moon in the most dull shouting noise possible! Or worse chant shit like "we'll buy your club and burn it down", "your support is fuckin shit", "you fat bastard, you fat bastard"...

If we could get some of the old songs back and start up some new ones that are long and tuneful and take a while to learn but if given time would be mainstays for every matchday. But everybody is too fuckin lazy to make them up or when people do make them up everyone dismisses them because they're too lazy to learn them.

Liverpool and United have countless songs that are decent, proper football songs. As much as we hate them I do actually think United have about five times as many songs as we have. From game to game, apart from their U-N-I-T-E-D song that you hear all the time, they do actually sing different songs at different games. And one thing they do really well is singing one of their songs over and over and over again for like 6 or 7 minutes. Recently we've had a few of these start to creep in to our away atmospheres, which is a positive thing, but as much as a hate it I think United shit on us for songs.

I'd be all for getting some of the Besiktas kind of atmospheres. They don't really bother waving flags. They just make proper [frightening] noise that they ALL get involved in! They do have flares but the main thing about them is the constant noise. I don't know if anyone saw it when Liverpool played over there a few years ago but the scenes from the Besiktas fans were the very best things I've ever seen in football fan-dom! Truly unbelievable!

I think classy (unfortunately they cost a bomb!) big fuck off flags like they have in Italy look really great. Little flags no bigger than four feet on the end of a plastic pole are actually really tacky, shit efforts.

If we're gonna do something we should do it properly!

The best thing would be for the club to knock down the East Stand and build a one tier'd giant super stand (think Borussia Dortmund but along the pitch like athe Kippax was). That would give us a chance to get a mass of City fans all together and we could really make some noise. With the CoMS as it is at the moment with tiny little groups of vocal fans split up into puny little efforts either side of the away fans and small tiers all over the stadium so hardly anyone is sat in a big mass of fans together; we will never get past this barrier of an atmosphere at the CoMS!

The rags used to, they haven't come up with a new song in a few seasons now.

fc zeljeznicar said:
When I said firm I was thinking of a group of guys leading the chants, organising coreographies, and if needed, well u know what. :)
I hope that u understand my point. Firm is not a group of hools for me.

U are right when you say that ultras aren't necessarily involved in violence. NECESSARILY. ;)

Well we sort of have two mini areas that probably number about 1200 and 1800 either side of the away fans (who usually number 2000-2500). In them there are really only groups of mates dotted here and there, there isn't a big mass of fans who are one. There is a group who call themselves The Blue Alliance who are trying to address this, but they are only young in their development and I reckon it will be a food five years before they really influence the whole atmosphere.

Outside them two areas the other 37000 City fans are pretty much boring as fuck on the whole. There are probably 15000 fans who join in with songs that are started in the vocal areas, but to be honest I think our atmosphere is the worst thing about our club!

danburge82 said:
Well we sort of have two mini areas that probably number about 1200 and 1800 either side of the away fans (who usually number 2000-2500). In them there are really only groups of mates dotted here and there, there isn't a big mass of fans who are one. There is a group who call themselves The Blue Alliance who are trying to address this, but they are only young in their development and I reckon it will be a food five years before they really influence the whole atmosphere.

Outside them two areas the other 37000 City fans are pretty much boring as fuck on the whole. There are probably 15000 fans who join in with songs that are started in the vocal areas, but to be honest I think our atmosphere is the worst thing about our club!

Thank you for answering. I hope Blue Alliance will become stronger. City deserves fanatic supporters. What about flares, extra punishable? Fines are huge? I don't remember ever seeing some in EPL, and I'm watching for years now. Margaret Thatcher (I'm not sure how it's written) sorted this out years ago I believe.

In my country almost every team fans has their firm or ultras group if you like, and we are pretty much the only one at the matches. Bad quality football draws no attention. I hope it will get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.