European away games ticketing policy

It would add very little time to queuing at the ground , and id rather queue once than twice. You could have city staff going down the queue outside the ground checking season cards/passport/tickets and issuing a bloody wrist band if they like

Mate that is just not possible if you witnessed the Police brutality outside the Stadium in Madrid you would no why.

Mate that is just not possible if you witnessed the Police brutality outside the Stadium in Madrid you would no why.
I was at Madrid, wasted half a day travelling across town and back again to get my ticket. The Rioja had kicked in by the time I got to the ground, so it's all s little blurry, I do remember at least 3 checkpoints though, so not sure why it's not possible

I think City need to look at giving tickets out at the Airport Arrivals terminal when City play in Europe. That way flight times, fans arriving, and queues will be staggered. And once you get your ticket and wristband, if the club carry on with it, then it's all done and dusted, and everyone can enjoy their trip. Obviously UK based CL ties are a different matter and need to be looked at differently.

Wouldn't work as people fly into various airports at various times eg I arrive in Dortmund on the Tuesday night or the Mönchengladbach game. Most will arrive at Düsseldorf or Cologne but others will arrive at Weeze, Netherlands, Belgium.

If you can provide proof of travel then City should send you a ticket or you should be able to collect it before you go.

But they will still require proof of travel and hotel. Just buying a ticket via enough loyalty points is no longer emough. We must prove we are also going. Taking a passport down, and or having your number stamped on the ticket isn't enough.

I think City need to look at giving tickets out at the Airport Arrivals terminal when City play in Europe. That way flight times, fans arriving, and queues will be staggered. And once you get your ticket and wristband, if the club carry on with it, then it's all done and dusted, and everyone can enjoy their trip. Obviously UK based CL ties are a different matter and need to be looked at differently.
No one else can use your ticket as it would have your supporter no. or your passport number on the ticket, and you would need to show ticket, passport and season card to gain entry, thus the club are doing as UEFA demand that they have the address of every seat holder. I'm not sure what's not to understand about that, why do they need your flight and hotel details. If you are foolish enough to sell your ticket, and someone is foolish enough to buy it they will be unable to get in as they don't have the corresponding passport/ season card !

I was at Madrid, wasted half a day travelling across town and back again to get my ticket. The Rioja had kicked in by the time I got to the ground, so it's all s little blurry, I do remember at least 3 checkpoints though, so not sure why it's not possible

It's not possible becuase the queuing to get in was already taking too long even though everyone already had their ticket at this stage and it was just general searching taking place. The people at the back got worried about missing kick off so pushed forwards a little which gave the police all the excuse they needed to batter innocent supporters.

Your suggestion of adding another element to the queuing at the ground would only exacerbate this issue.

It's not possible becuase the queuing to get in was already taking too long even though everyone already had their ticket at this stage and it was just general searching taking place. The people at the back got worried about missing kick off so pushed forwards a little which gave the police all the excuse they needed to batter innocent supporters.

Your suggestion of adding another element to the queuing at the ground would only exacerbate this issue.
Ok so if the supporters are given the choice, arrive at the game 30 mins earlier than normal, (and perhaps City fans need to learn we can't stay in the boozer until 5 mins before kick off) or spend a few hours collecting a ticket pre kick off, which would you rather do !!?

Ok so if the supporters are given the choice, arrive at the game 30 mins earlier than normal, (and perhaps City fans need to learn we can't stay in the boozer until 5 mins before kick off) or spend a few hours collecting a ticket pre kick off, which would you rather do !!?
The easiest solution is put enough bloody staff on the collection point,it's not rocket science,nothing wrong with the collection process,it's the organisation that's the problem,I can see gladbach being an issue though,like previous post,most people will be using cologne or dusseldorf,plus if we have to collect in gladbach,it will nullify the free travel to gladbach

I agree with you and I try to be in the ground an hour before kick off just in case (although that went awry in Glasgow and I barely made kick off), but there is zero chance of you persuading the majority to the same.

I completely understand your argument to remove the need to collect your ticket from a different location earlier in the day, but your solution to that problem just isn't practical will create a bigger problem.

Having got 12k loyalty points and getting nowhere near a lot of games before they changed the policy I am happy with the system that's currently in place. Like many have said, the club need to have more staff to make it slicker. I was at Celtic Park to watch England last year and there was more fans than City had last Wednesday and it took less than five mins to pick my ticket up. Never had a problem with the system with England in the last ten years so it shouldn't be a problem with City.

Having got 12k loyalty points and getting nowhere near a lot of games before they changed the policy I am happy with the system that's currently in place. Like many have said, the club need to have more staff to make it slicker. I was at Celtic Park to watch England last year and there was more fans than City had last Wednesday and it took less than five mins to pick my ticket up. Never had a problem with the system with England in the last ten years so it shouldn't be a problem with City.
Same situation as me pal along with a few others on this thread.
I class 12000 points as a decent total which now gives me the chance to purchase on my own criteria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.