European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Vardy was a kid then, it was when they signed Dickov from us.

They may have been the last to get away with it, but every other club did as well.

Yeah, I don’t know why I put that. It wasn’t their last promotion before they won the league. They went down and back up again before they won the league, so clearly well before Vardy’s time.

I welcome anything that will ultimately result in the demise of the shitpit masquerading as a Premier League since 1992

A new European Super Trough... Showing just what greedy bastards run 'elite' football. Middle Eastern, Asian, Yanks, Russians, Far Eastern, European... all cut from the same cloth

Don't forget to switch the floodlights off when you leave.
Yeah football has jumped the shark. The bubble will burst eventually

Football in this country needs to pull back from the abyss of external greed and focus on the rich history we have, the filth at the top are selling local fans out for a fast buck. City should steer clear again of this and if other clubs and their local fans buy into it they deserve what they get.

If we join in on this it's a no from me, can we sign a petition to remove the "Manchester" from our club if they wallow in the mire like the rest of the ESL?

The City Group have already removed the 'FC' from our name, and last season's 3rd kit had, as you will recall, MAN CITY emblazoned across the chest, and the club badge relegated to a background pattern. Are we a step towards seeing 'Manchester' disappearing the club's title in the future?

That 3rd kit was similar to that proposed for Dortmund, which dropped Borussia from their name, although that was later changed to BVB09 (snappy huh?)

Don't forget the new "play off system" where the real PL winner is decided via a summer play off post season tournament in the US
A 'best of seven matches' tournament with each game played in a different major city in the US and Mexico.

A 2 hour laser light show, top music artists performing live on stage during each quarter break in the games.

The City Group have already removed the 'FC' from our name, and last season's 3rd kit had, as you will recall, MAN CITY emblazoned across the chest, and the club badge relegated to a background pattern. Are we a step towards seeing 'Manchester' disappearing the club's title in the future?

That 3rd kit was similar to that proposed for Dortmund, which dropped Borussia from their name, although that was later changed to BVB09 (snappy huh?)
No, our name will always remain. If nothing else, to distinguish us from the other teams in the CFG.

Except that the statement says it would exclude clubs with ANY owner funding and that rules most of the Premier League clubs out of it.
1675969113098.jpeg
Just to endorse bobbyowenquiffs point. Look at the absence of entries in the Share Capital for the istry clubs. Close the door on owner investment, rise to the top on the back of other revenue, slam the door on the plebs. What a perfect model for the Americans amongst others.
Fancy following a model that prevents legitimate owner investment?

Not sure some other posters are correct that the PL are being played but, whichever way you squint at the proposal would be a kick in the balls for our owners who would sensibly seriously look at the benefit of the asset. This said the hypothetical potential sale value of the club has probably taken a massive dive in the last week.

As for a £300m fine for those clubs who might decide to join it sounds a lot but the ££££ potential would probably dwarf this sum. Remember the sweetener in the last Super Lge proposal - the one where certain clubs would benefit from cash for stadia improvements. There would be something similar along these lines here to entice the big-click teams I’m sure.

Its the latest iteration of desperation from Italy and Spain and downright greed from the English istry boys.

Like many others it would probably be the end of Prem footie for me.

View attachment 68602
Just to endorse bobbyowenquiffs point. Look at the absence of entries in the Share Capital for the istry clubs. Close the door on owner investment, rise to the top on the back of other revenue, slam the door on the plebs. What a perfect model for the Americans amongst others.
Fancy following a model that prevents legitimate owner investment?

Not sure some other posters are correct that the PL are being played but, whichever way you squint at the proposal would be a kick in the balls for our owners who would sensibly seriously look at the benefit of the asset. This said the hypothetical potential sale value of the club has probably taken a massive dive in the last week.

As for a £300m fine for those clubs who might decide to join it sounds a lot but the ££££ potential would probably dwarf this sum. Remember the sweetener in the last Super Lge proposal - the one where certain clubs would benefit from cash for stadia improvements. There would be something similar along these lines here to entice the big-click teams I’m sure.

Its the latest iteration of desperation from Italy and Spain and downright greed from the English istry boys.

Like many others it would probably be the end of Prem footie for me.
I should have credited the excellent Swiss Ramble in my post. The graph below is clearer than the table, particularly as I have explained it in a half assed way.

1675971111239.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.