European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Forgive me if I am wrong, as I always am according to Mrs Q, but did all the PL clubs not sign an agreement last time not to join such a league and be fined £300m if they did or was this just a proposal?
Could be wrong but I believe that was about a breakaway league.

Do you know the super league is not just the super league those clubs will still play domestic leagues

No chance imo. Give it one season and you'll see:

UEFA and the PL will bow to the 'big 80', and the ESL will quickly become the main event.
(Sky will be all over this like a rash.)

The CL will adapt to become the ESL's equivalent of the FA or Carabao Cup.
(This is BT and Amazon territory.)

The 80 ESL clubs will only play U23/EDS teams in relevant domestic 'Premier' leagues.
(Terrestrial TV fodder.)

so who are this lot? the European Super League Company? seem to be some Spanish based outfit, but who's funding them?

They'll be looking to blow any domestic league and UEFA's CL TV rights money deals out of the water, I guess, smash straight in and be top dogs.

I noticed in the BBC article yesterday that when they listed the original signatories the rags were first, followed by City. Then went on to say that all withdrew after fans protests. Usual BBC bias - not only are we alphabetically before them (as are Arse, Chelsea & Dippers) but we were the first to withdraw (and very quickly). They will not concede that we are now the more successful club and have been by a long way over the past decade. All about pandering to them, as usual, and don't let the facts get in the way of what they want to spin.

I noticed in the BBC article yesterday that when they listed the original signatories the rags were first, followed by City. Then went on to say that all withdrew after fans protests. Usual BBC bias - not only are we alphabetically before them (as are Arse, Chelsea & Dippers) but we were the first to withdraw (and very quickly). They will not concede that we are now the more successful club and have been by a long way over the past decade. All about pandering to them, as usual, and don't let the facts get in the way of what they want to spin.
Sounds like politics, protecting the investments, no morals, no scruples.

The Cayman Islands actually, the Glazers have offers them their offices
It’s not an office, it’s a post box essentially in an office block, the Cayman Isles is home to over 100k companies from all over the world. There was a documentary on the Cayman isles and their dodgy tax on Amazon called “Britain’s Billion Pound Paradise”. Well worth a watch, no tax but a packet of fish fingers are £8, cost of living is outrageous, there’s a City fan on it who emigrated there as well.

It’s not an office, it’s a post box essentially in an office block, the Cayman Isles is home to over 100k companies from all over the world. There was a documentary on the Cayman isles and their dodgy tax on Amazon called “Britain’s Billion Pound Paradise”. Well worth a watch, no tax but a packet of fish fingers are £8, cost of living is outrageous, there’s a City fan on it who emigrated there as well.
If you could afford to move there why the fuck would you be eating fish fingers??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.