European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Will have to see how Madrid and barca try and get the premier league clubs back involved with the potential risk of a points deduction and big fine.
A super league without the English clubs is pointless and the champions league without Madrid and barca is seriously devalued as whoever wins it will just be told they only won it because the 2 big Spanish clubs weren't in it.

what was being rumored in the spanish press was that for now they would invite portuguese teams and other historics like anderlecht, red star belgrade and others lol.

Just to play devil’s advocate, but if this did go ahead, wouldn‘t fixtures like City v Milan or City v Bayern be better than watching us play the likes of Luton and Fulham?

I am confused is this instead of the champions league etc ? Or domestic football ? I’ve started to lose the love with football with the ridiculous costs attached and the fact going to city is now just a tourist haven.

So this revised ESL, with it's 'Star League, Gold League and Blue League', is basically an assault on UEFA's brand format by a new rival sporting body who wants to make money from the top sporting clubs.

I only care about two things, where do we feature and how will it benefit City? I have no feelings of loyalty to UEFA but at the same time i'm not prepared to see City or the fans being fleeced to support their pockets.

I am confused is this instead of the champions league etc ? Or domestic football ? I’ve started to lose the love with football with the ridiculous costs attached and the fact going to city is now just a tourist haven.
Sounds like it to me.

And why the fuck wouldn't we be when we are constantly under attack from the PL and UEFA to the point where they are challenging our very existence.
We would be fools not to consider any new proposal. I don’t think a closed shop plan will ever work but there is nothing special about the current offer from UEFA and the PL who have been trying to destroy us for ten years.

Just to play devil’s advocate, but if this did go ahead, wouldn‘t fixtures like City v Milan or City v Bayern be better than watching us play the likes of Luton and Fulham?

No, I mean this 100%, I would rather the 115 charges relegate us to League 2 so we can tour up and down the country.

If the ESL does come in it cannot replace the domestic league.

We've played Bayern 13 times in 11 years, the novelty of these big European games will wear off eventually. We've played them way more than Luton in that time and probably close to the amount we've played Fulham. The concept will get tired.

If it replaces the Champions League I am less arsed but I don't see the point, other than a money maker for European sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.