European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

100% correct.

The real money is in worldwide TV coverage/sponsorship. That's the future.

Guaranteed sellouts for all elite level matches, and you can be sure that City won't be shy about charging £75 minimum for seats.

This has been on the cards since 1992. I'm just surprised that it's taken this long to get to this point.

Traditional fans will be priced out of elite football completely.

Not a chance that there will be guaranteed sell outs. Without our core fan base we wouldnt sell out and regular people aren’t going to pay £75 a ticket. We’d also lose any form of atmosphere. It would be the death of the club in my view

Not a chance that there will be guaranteed sell outs. Without our core fan base we wouldnt sell out and regular people aren’t going to pay £75 a ticket. We’d also lose any form of atmosphere. It would be the death of the club in my view
But would the club care.
No they wouldn't.
Fuck proper fans.
That was proven when they played behind closed doors.
All us normal fans are is a problem taking up a seat a new tourist could sit in each week.
Money talks.
I doubt I will be renewing for much longer.

I do wonder with this challenge whether FFP maybe challenged by say Everton or say Newcastle as it restricts practice?

looking at the proposal its taking the three UEFA competitions making 3 leagues Star, Gold and Blue inviting clubs based on current merit to join. 16 clubs in each league play home and away, top 8 in Star league go into a knockout to determine the league winner Promotion and relegation determine by league position, promotion to Blue will be determined by domestic league
Looks like the clubs want the control instead of UEFA

I’d be out, playing the same teams all the time, no chance of going to an away game, fucking shite.

But would the club care.
No they wouldn't.
Fuck proper fans.
That was proven when they played behind closed doors.
All us normal fans are is a problem taking up a seat a new tourist could sit in each week.
Money talks.
I doubt I will be renewing for much longer.

I think they would care because image is important. I think the players would care as well. The ground would be half empty and there would be no atmosphere. We’ve still got what 40,000 season tickets holders - if 90% decide to stop going that would have a massive effect.

Fans have a lot more power than people think. Mass protests and loads of empty seats would embarrass the club

Not sure how I feel about this. Whilst the pl might be the so called best league in the world, has things wrong with it.

FFP to stop clubs challenging like UEFA. Shit refs and VAR, pl run by the red tops, boring park the bus teams.

European games seem to be more open games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.