European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

May get blocked due to climate reasons - just think of all that extra Co2 from flights killing us!

Also as this will be an invitational league, for initial entry there will be requirements and somewhere buried right near the end will be something along the lines of:
Rule 427i part 1v subsection 47c - If you have been under any investigation in your home country for over 6 months you will be barred entry.
Rule 427i part 1v subsection 47d - if you are state owned or what we would consider state owned-ish you will be barred entry
Rule 427i part 1v subsection 47d - If you are Manchester City - you can fuck off!

Its gonna happen. No doubt. In some for or other. Just like the football league breaking away from the FA over 125 years ago, and the Prem breaking away from the football league.
Things change
Times change

As a club we will be 100% up for it. Thats for certain.
As fans we have to decide and for all that i will have a moan it wont stop me going to the games and supporting the team i love.
Whats the alternative? Go to grassroots? Went to see macc fc a few times and its just not the same. Its not … there … deep inside.

So i guess we have to embrace whatever comes along
Agree with all this. My hope is that safeguards will be put in place to protect matchgoing fans. The new broadcast money will be staggering. Pay-per-few boxing matches get millions of subscribers with pots over £100m. The clubs will now control this broadcasting income. The current TV deal is tiny compared to what is available.
But football coverage will not be a spectacle without crowds. The matchday income will become a tiny fraction of a club's overall revenues. Some of the money must be ringfenced to keep matchday ticket prices in reach for fans.

Its gonna happen. No doubt. In some for or other. Just like the football league breaking away from the FA over 125 years ago, and the Prem breaking away from the football league.
Things change
Times change

As a club we will be 100% up for it. Thats for certain.
As fans we have to decide and for all that i will have a moan it wont stop me going to the games and supporting the team i love.
Whats the alternative? Go to grassroots? Went to see macc fc a few times and its just not the same. Its not … there … deep inside.

So i guess we have to embrace whatever comes along

We don’t have to embrace it at all. It would literally be the death of English football, why would you accept that?

Why would you accept a league with no consequence? Or away games pretty much all in other countries?

I think they would care because image is important. I think the players would care as well. The ground would be half empty and there would be no atmosphere. We’ve still got what 40,000 season tickets holders - if 90% decide to stop going that would have a massive effect.

Fans have a lot more power than people think. Mass protests and loads of empty seats would embarrass the club
The club never seems embarrassed as to what the media say/write about us now or in the past.If image was so high on the agenda surely they wouldn't stand for the shit staining of the club on a daily basis.
As for fans turning their back on the game I think you could be in for a surprise.
Old school hard-core fans might think sack this but today's new breed of football fans will go because its fashionable/trendy to be part of it (half n half scarves, selfies etc).
All just my opinion of course

This is what the Super league is proposing seems the game load would increase

International football (most of which generates no income) will be reduced. Bad news for people who enjoy watching England beat pub teams. The World Cup and EUROS will revert to what they used to be...elite competitions. This will drive standards up.

If the day ever comes that City fully leave English football to join a European super league full time, then that's the day i walk away from my beloved club.
I want to play Palace, Burnley, Brentford, Fulham or in the future Ipswich, Sunderland or Wrexham, i couldn't give a shit about regular games against Barcelona, Real Madrid or fucking PSG.
No one is suggesting that domestic football will not continue. This is a battle between UEFA and the biggest clubs across Europe which will run its course. City should keep their powder dry for now and see how it shakes up. The PL will always exist. English football is the most attractive sport for broadcasters across the world. UEFA are no friends of ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.