European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

The club never seems embarrassed as to what the media say/write about us now or in the past.If image was so high on the agenda surely they wouldn't stand for the shit staining of the club on a daily basis.
As for fans turning their back on the game I think you could be in for a surprise.
Old school hard-core fans might think sack this but today's new breed of football fans will go because its fashionable/trendy to be part of it (half n half scarves, selfies etc).
All just my opinion of course
I think it would be different if the grounds half empty and there’s mass protests outside. The club wouldn’t be able to ignore.

I don’t think I would be in for a surprise. We still rely on our core fan base to fill the ground every week. If large numbers of those fans stopped attending it would make a big difference in my view.

The new/ tourist fans make up a fraction of our regular match going crowd

I think it would be different if the grounds half empty and there’s mass protests outside. The club wouldn’t be able to ignore.

I don’t think I would be in for a surprise. We still rely on our core fan base to fill the ground every week. If large numbers of those fans stopped attending it would make a big difference in my view.

The new/ tourist fans make up a fraction of our regular match going crowd
Could make tickets free for a while though.

Sounds a bit defeatist? The last thing they want is protests and it fell apart before.

You must always stand up for what you believe in.
To be brutally honest, I started to give up believing in football in 1992.

Greed was always prevalent in the game, as it is in society generally, but creation of the PL opened the door to blatant profiteering. As I say, the only thing that surprises me is that it's taken 30 years to get to this stage.

To be brutally honest, I started to give up believing in football in 1992.

Greed was always prevalent in the game, as it is in society generally, but creation of the PL opened the door to blatant profiteering. As I say, the only thing that surprises me is that it's taken 30 years to get to this stage.

We have been systematically hounded since 2008 and people still think there's a chance it'll turn out alright.

It's like Stockholm syndrome ;)

It has now been reported that PSV, Feyenoord, Benfica, Porto, the Italian clubs, Red Star, Anderlecht are some of the clubs who have accepted the new Super League [Mundo Deportivo]

It all changed with the foundation of the Premier League.
They all got rich, the organisations, the clubs, the tv companies and the media all earned billions while giving zero fucks about the ‘lesser clubs’ and the only reason they care now is someone is about to shoot their cash cow.
The only traditional they care about is making money.

Was about 10 years before that too when they stopped sharing gate receipts!

Not a chance that there will be guaranteed sell outs. Without our core fan base we wouldnt sell out and regular people aren’t going to pay £75 a ticket. We’d also lose any form of atmosphere. It would be the death of the club in my view

Exactly. That's what will happen. It's just a matter of time. Owners of all the top clubs will get the maximum they van out of their clubs and drop football like a stone. ADUG could walk away from football knowing that they still own about 25% of Manchester.

Many of our 'core' fanbase have already walked away. If we aren't dining at the top table, we'll be lucky to get 30k regulars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.