European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

IMG_0108.jpeg
I’ll be interested to see if this is actually true when it’s all layed out in front of us.
They’d be stupid just to dismiss it without actually hearing how it’s all gonna work and be structured.
I’m sure they’ll be talks going on behind closed doors.
Clubs are probably putting out these statements because of the outrage last time it was announced.

Don't have an issue with a new competition replacing the CL IF its an open one with no fixed entrants but based on qualification on the pitch.

The reality though , even though its now being sold as such , it would not take long before the door was shut on most teams.

In effect the CL already to an extent does this by blunting the likelihood of new entrants through limiting investment of new owners whilst massively rewarding financially those who already have qualified but at least there is a slim chance of a new entrant like Leicester from PL or a bit of variety from the one/two team leagues who have the odd extra place.

The advantage of UEFA and FIFA competitions is they at least have to get widespread support to maintain there gravy train but in the ESL suspect there will be a handful of teams who will run it.
The ESL is a G14 construct, & specifically crafted to suit their member's coffers.

Think about the original language used. "It's not fair that the legacy clubs who made the CL what it is, can't get to compete in it every season", hence the closed shop approach, with a couple of invites thrown to City & Chelsea.

Who the fuck would want to watch the same 16-20 clubs playing each other season after season, without the jeopardy of qualification?

I feel today is the ideal opportunity for the sensible heads to say enough is enough, & to reorganise football, so all matches becomes meaningful again.

Why should we lose our players to qualifiers against The Faroe Isles & San Marino? Surely there should be a seeding system where only League One players are allowed to represent England against these international no hopers?

Honestly, if I were a City player, I'd be telling my association don't bother contacting me outside of tournament football, because I won't be interested.

Rodri's interview in August said it all. Players are fearing for their health & the authorities couldn't give a fuck, so long as they keep raking in the dosh.

View attachment 101941
I’ll be interested to see if this is actually true when it’s all layed out in front of us.
They’d be stupid just to dismiss it without actually hearing how it’s all gonna work and be structured.
I’m sure they’ll be talks going on behind closed doors.
Clubs are probably putting out these statements because of the outrage last time it was announced.
It is just a holding statement. UEFA will have to give something to the English clubs to keep them sweet. They will start by scrapping the extra matches from next season. And they will also have to increase the prize money and the broadcast share to clubs. This is just the start. If UEFA are to survive they will have to do a lot more. City v Liver pool could make £100m plus in broadcast revenues from a single match if they streamed their own broadcasts. The bigger clubs will not continue to be fobbed off with £100m a season indefinitely, especially if the ESL takes off. The profits to be made are just too high to ignore for any business. UEFA will die unless it changes its business model.

Hasn’t the UK government said they won’t allow any British club to join? Considering the amount of money the PL brings in to the exchequer I can see where they are coming from
But what if the ESL brings in even more money and is structured correctly?
Same as City they shouldn’t be just be blanket ruling everything out without hearing the details.
Why UEFA get the monopoly is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.