European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

The suggestion that the new European format would "kill the Premier League" is being pushed by those in the UEFA camp which includes most of the media groups, especially SKY and TNT. The new proposal bypasses the broadcasters and will make sure that clubs keep the lions's share of broadcast revenues.
It would also demolish the Ivory Towers of UEFA and the thousands of leeches who work for them. They will do anything to prevent change. Don't forget that these "opponents to change" include the usual suspects who have tried to destroy our club. I am not saying I agree with the new format just that fans and clubs should at least see what is on the table before being sucked in by a fake media narrative.
Pretty much the way I see it. I don't attend many games these days but in 55 years of following football I can honestly say too many fans see the past with rose tinted specs and have always been moaning luddites, hating any change. I remember the Premier League being hated with a passion at its inception.

Don't have an issue with a new competition replacing the CL IF its an open one with no fixed entrants but based on qualification on the pitch.

The reality though , even though its now being sold as such , it would not take long before the door was shut on most teams.

In effect the CL already to an extent does this by blunting the likelihood of new entrants through limiting investment of new owners whilst massively rewarding financially those who already have qualified but at least there is a slim chance of a new entrant like Leicester from PL or a bit of variety from the one/two team leagues who have the odd extra place.

The advantage of UEFA and FIFA competitions is they at least have to get widespread support to maintain there gravy train but in the ESL suspect there will be a handful of teams who will run it.
The evidence from the witchunt against City by UEFA confirms that the organisation was corrupt and unduly influenced by Bayern Munich, Liverpool, MUFC, and a few other usual suspects. Nothing suggests this situation has changed. Platini himself has publically stated that the debt element of FFP was taken out after pressure from certain clubs. Of course you are right that any new organisation could be just as corrupt as UEFA (or FIFA) but I think it would make sense to at least see what is on the table.

Because the G14 will be in control, it'll be like Animal Farm. The SL's central tenet is that the European elite clubs will almost ALWAYS be involved regardless of League position, unless they finish in the bottom 24 of the Blue League.

There's three Leagues:

Star - 16 teams in 2 groups

Gold - 16 teams in 2 groups

Blue - 32 teams in 4 groups

In the Star League only the bottom 2 are subject to relegation to the Gold League. In the Gold League, the top 2 gain promotion to the Star League, & the bottom 2 are subject to relegation to the Blue League.

In the Blue League, the top 2 gain promotion to the Gold League, & the bottom 20 clubs are subject to relegation from European competition altogether, but based on their domestic league positions.

Only 2 clubs outside of the G14 (City & Chelsea) will qualify for the inaugural SL.

The top four teams in each group in the Star & Gold Leagues qualify for the knockout stages.

The top 2 teams from each Blue Group also qualify for the knockout stages.

It's a complex compromise which near enough ensures the top teams qualify & play each other every season, & only 2 will be threatened by relegation from the Star League, irrespective of their domestic league position.

However, as long as they finish in the top 4 of the Gold League groups, they STILL qualify for the knockout phase.

Taking a global view, the new proposals make it very unlikely the top clubs will ever be without top level European football, & the top aspiring clubs will have the chance to progress to the Star League. But with FFP in place, how long will it be before they can regularly challenge the hegemony of the G14?

The devil's in the detail, & this format STILL heavily favours the usual suspects.
it's because of G14 greed the champions league as they laughingly call it has ened up with dull sterile games allowing more and more teams be involved because they were scared of missing out on money by league position ( Gills finger print all over this too)

Thick fans (of other clubs) are finally understanding how corrupt and rotten the modern game is and it’s not big bad City’s fault….it’s the greedy American owners trying to monopolise the league and the cash along with it !

It is inevitable that a Saudi backed ESL would emerge as a saviour for the Spanish and Italian clubs and a sugar daddy for the yanks…

Thick fans (of other clubs) are finally understanding how corrupt and rotten the modern game is and it’s not big bad City’s fault….it’s the greedy American owners trying to monopolise the league and the cash along with it !

It is inevitable that a Saudi backed ESL would emerge as a saviour for the Spanish and Italian clubs and a sugar daddy for the yanks…
I agree with that you’re saying, but didn’t our club sign up to the original European super league after months of behind the scenes talks?

If it wasn’t for pressure from fans and others chances are we might have stayed in that

idk..when you see how the PL/UEFA has treated Man City over the last years then the ESL/Super League isn`t a bad option

I am so bored when this crops up every few years. If clubs want to join a super league, let them go but ban them from domestic competitions. Enjoy the trips to CSKA Moscow.

The suggestion that the new European format would "kill the Premier League" is being pushed by those in the UEFA camp which includes most of the media groups, especially SKY and TNT. The new proposal bypasses the broadcasters and will make sure that clubs keep the lions's share of broadcast revenues.
It would also demolish the Ivory Towers of UEFA and the thousands of leeches who work for them. They will do anything to prevent change. Don't forget that these "opponents to change" include the usual suspects who have tried to destroy our club. I am not saying I agree with the new format just that fans and clubs should at least see what is on the table before being sucked in by a fake media narrative.
We owe the PL and UEFA absolutely fuck all, so I don’t get the nostalgia for the current set up, particularly with the CL moving to a league structure next season.

I would imagine that the number of games played in the CL league will be expanded in any case over the next few years, even if the PL resists a move to an 18 team league. Plus it seems inevitable that the current broadcasting structure will change in the coming years, with the clubs gaining greater control and offering more streaming services, so what’s being proposed by the breakaway looks similar to where we’re heading in any case to me.

Maybe that’s the reason why we and other clubs are unlikely to sign up to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.