European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

I do wonder with this challenge whether FFP maybe challenged by say Everton or say Newcastle as it restricts practice?
So here's the thing. As we subsequently found out, it's not City registered with UEFA, it's the PL, & through our membership of the PL & our league position, that's how City enter European competition.

Looking at the UEFA licencing rules & the FFP ruling handed to Dupont in 2015, it seems only national associations could challenge FFP. HOWEVER, it's these national associations who're dominated by the G14 who created FFP in the first place.

FFP may affect City, but the FFP deal is between the Premier League & UEFA, so it's my understanding that only the PL could challenge it.

Last edited:
So here's the thing. As we subsequently found out, it's not City registered with UEFA, it's the PL, & through our membership of the PL & our league position, that's how City enter European competition.

Looking at the UEFA licencing rules & the FFP ruling handed to Dupont in 2015, it seems only national associations could challenge FFP. HOWEVER, it's these national associations who're dominated by the G14 who created FFP in the first place.

FFP may affect City, buy the FFP deal is between the Premier League & UEFA, so it's my understanding that only the PL could challenge it.

So who challenges the PL rules?

So who challenges the PL rules?
The PL clubs. But as you've seen all these decisions are heavily influenced by ManUre, the Dippers, Arse & Spuds. It's essentially self regulation, & the government has seen straight through it, hence the creation of an independent regulator for football.

How effective will it be? Well looking at other independent regulators, that remains to be seen. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

The PL clubs. But as you've seen all these decisions are heavily influenced by ManUre, the Dippers, Arse & Spuds. It's essentially self regulation, & the government has seen straight through it, hence the creation of an independent regulator for football.

How effective will it be? Well looking at other independent regulators, that remains to be seen. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Can't argue with any of that, except that any PL club on its own could challenge FFP legality in the courts. The usual suspects would have no say in it.

I asked someone this earlier but would like to hear some of the other Blues opinions on this.
I see some comments with regards this happening and them saying they’ll be done with football if this happens.
So my question is how would they feel if we’re booted out of the premier league or lower with regards the 115 charges and would then your opinions change?
Just wondering..
The Independent Regulator for Football will be in effect before any decisions are arrived at regarding our case.

Our Government maybe shit, but they know all about looking after themselves. The 115 charges is much more than Manchester City to them, it's about Abu Dhabi being touted to invest upwards of £20bn into the failing UK economy over the next 10-15 years.

Dya really think they give a fuck if £30m was paid to City by an Abu Dhabi based businessman, who was then reimbursed 3 years later by Etisalat?

This is the same government who gave their mates £16bn for mostly unusable PPE & still haven't explained where the £40bn spent on the test & trace system went.

I doubt very much they'll allow the bitter self interested sniping of ManUre, the Dippers & Arse to get in the way of big business, when the UK's in desperate need.

I feel the government realises the ramifications of the 115 charges goes way beyond football, & is firmly rooted in global geo-politics. Why else would they suddenly choose to get involved in football seemingly out of nowhere?

No one is suggesting that domestic football will not continue. This is a battle between UEFA and the biggest clubs across Europe which will run its course. City should keep their powder dry for now and see how it shakes up. The PL will always exist. English football is the most attractive sport for broadcasters across the world. UEFA are no friends of ours.
Mate, the battle is dead before it's even started. The UK government has already stepped in saying the new independent regulator will stop all English teams from joining the SL.

The only way City could circumnavigate that would be to leave the PL & FA, & essentially become an independent entity playing a maximum 20 games per season in the SL.

This raises the other issue that it's the PL who're registered with UEFA, not City. If the UK government backed UEFA & FIFA, City would essentially be left with only SL games to play, & then UEFA & FIFA could apply the ultimate sanction.

The players involved in this breakaway league won't be allowed to compete in any of their competitions, including the Olympics, Euro's & the World Cup.

This move alone would kill the SL.

This is the Key with a Super League, it's pretty much like the breakaway from the football league back in 1992, Even today those in the championship still win the old league title, Under the ruling that's going through parliament at the moment, Any club wanting to play in the Super League will have to give up playing in the Premier League forever, It could also be that your club could lose its English nationality and would have to play under EU laws,

The Super League would become an EU nationality and all clubs would lose any home governing bodies involment
And that's before UEFA & FIFA ban any competing players from their competitions, including the Euro's, Olympics & the World Cup.

Last edited:
For arguments sake lets say every club was up for joining the super league.

in theory could the Star league not end up being half full of Prem teams in a number of years?
The only way that could happen is if a rival to UEFA & FIFA were setup too, & other global associations joined, so there was another World Cup & another European Championship.

It'd be like the situation with golf, or boxing having about 10 different governing bodies, all with their own champions.

I was talking to a former world champion kick boxing mate of mine a few weeks about this. He was seriously proud of his global champion status until he realised, there were HUNDREDS of other kick boxing world champions at his weight too! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.