European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

I agree it’s broke, I just don’t believe this is the fix.

The way to fix it was never to cement in the entitlement the likes of the rags barcelona and madrid have had by forming these leagues that they will never drop out of.

They could literally be relegated from their own league and compete in the new CL, sounds like an improvement to me.

** rubs chin

Just hope it shits them up a bit, the players are being burned out, hope the ruling brings positive changes.

You think that is going to happen, with an ESL or without it? :)

More likely FFP will be relaxed to allow bigger squads so clubs can compete in UEFA / FIFA competitions. Added benefit to other clubs who don't qualify, as well, by the way.

In any case, I doubt the number of games will be reducing. It will be squad management that will have to change.

The way to fix it was never to cement in the entitlement the likes of the rags barcelona and madrid have had by forming these leagues that they will never drop out of.

They could literally be relegated from their own league and compete in the new CL, sounds like an improvement to me.

** rubs chin

exactly - they have a lot to say about us winning the lottery but they literally try & fix the lottery.

It's all well and good all these clubs coming out in opposition against it, but what happens when Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, Napoli, Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Galatasaray, Besiktas, Fenerbache and probably no doubt someone like Marseille all break away?

There will be no Champions League to play in, it would be utterly pointless.

I think Perez knows he has enough support to go ahead with this and that eventually all the other clubs will have to join because they know they will have no real choice, and this suits the clubs that have opposed publcily.

They can eventually come out and say we were against it but look, this is where football is heading, we can't do anything about it. If we don't go we are going to get left behind.

The likes of Boehly, Henry, Glazers and even Mansour.. They are in this game for the money and to increase the value of their teams.

I think you get £100m just for being in the ESL, to get that from the CL you have to win it.

Napoli for example just by entering the ESL will get £100m minimum.

This is going to happen eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.