European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

I can’t see there being much benefit for any English teams getting involved. You can say much the same for Germany or Spain or Italy. Probably not much for French teams either.

It would be different for those with weaker domestic leagues such as Portugal, Scotland, Holland, and Belgium.

Why would a new mid-week competition generate vast sums of money, especially when they are planning to stream it for free? So why would teams get vastly more money from this than is available currently?
Where would it come from?

The whole thing has the feel of a massive confidence trick. The clubs will be very wary about the whole thing.

It's all well and good all these clubs coming out in opposition against it, but what happens when Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, Napoli, Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Galatasaray, Besiktas, Fenerbache and probably no doubt someone like Marseille all break away?

There will be no Champions League to play in, it would be utterly pointless.

I think Perez knows he has enough support to go ahead with this and that eventually all the other clubs will have to join because they know they will have no real choice, and this suits the clubs that have opposed publcily.

They can eventually come out and say we were against it but look, this is where football is heading, we can't do anything about it. If we don't go we are going to get left behind.

The likes of Boehly, Henry, Glazers and even Mansour.. They are in this game for the money and to increase the value of their teams.

I think you get £100m just for being in the ESL, to get that from the CL you have to win it.

Napoli for example just by entering the ESL will get £100m minimum.

This is going to happen eventually.
They breakaway from the FIFA Umbrella then let them go.
And anyone and everyone involved in a non FIFA sanctioned competition is banned from all association football for ten years.
Oh and I mean the club's in their entirety, sponsors, broadcasters, journalists, referees, etc.
Let's see how long they last with no youth set up and no players coming through.

That's all the top teams of Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey...

I think the Rangers and Celtic will go for it and I think the eastern European teams go for it as well.

The CL will effectively end up being the Bundesliga vs Premier League with PSG thrown in, albeit I reckon they will end up following the ESL.
People dismissing the ESL will get a shock I think.

UEFA / FIFA are a bunch of turds so dont mind if they get flushed away myself.

Anyone thinking the people who will run an ESL will be less turdy than UEFA / FIFA are the ones who will be in for a shock, imho. But by then, if it happens, it will be too late, of course.

The ESL administrators lawyers are based in the same Madrid offices as Real / Florentino Perez. At the moment it’s a binary choice between Syphilis or Gonorrhoea. The new competition will be run by the old guard clubs for the old guard clubs.

Anyone thinking the people who will run an ESL will be less turdy than UEFA / FIFA are the ones who will be in for a shock, imho. But by then, if it happens, it will be too late, of course.
I really cant see anyone could be worse than UEFA. 600 Euros for some CL tickets, stadiums 20 miles outside a capital, they really dont give a shit.

I would love the ESL to put out that all match tickets would not exceed 30/40 euros, that would make UEFA think.

It's all well and good all these clubs coming out in opposition against it, but what happens when Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, Napoli, Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Galatasaray, Besiktas, Fenerbache and probably no doubt someone like Marseille all break away?

There will be no Champions League to play in, it would be utterly pointless.

I think Perez knows he has enough support to go ahead with this and that eventually all the other clubs will have to join because they know they will have no real choice, and this suits the clubs that have opposed publcily.

They can eventually come out and say we were against it but look, this is where football is heading, we can't do anything about it. If we don't go we are going to get left behind.

The likes of Boehly, Henry, Glazers and even Mansour.. They are in this game for the money and to increase the value of their teams.

I think you get £100m just for being in the ESL, to get that from the CL you have to win it.

Napoli for example just by entering the ESL will get £100m minimum.

This is going to happen eventually.
The major point you've overlooked is FIFA & UEFA banning ESL clubs & players from their competitions.

Imagine telling Bellingham, Vini Jnr, De Jong, Camavinga, Cancelo & Lewandowski etc that they'll no longer play in the Euro's, South American Championships, or the World Cup?

This is the nuclear option that UEFA & FIFA are yet to detonate.

I really cant see anyone could be worse than UEFA. 600 Euros for some CL tickets, stadiums 20 miles outside a capital, they really dont give a shit.

I would love the ESL to put out that all match tickets would not exceed 30/40 euros, that would make UEFA think.

It would be just like their promise to screen all matches free of charge, imho. As soon as it has served its purpose, to convince hapless fans how wonderful it is, then it will, of course, be scrapped. UEFA and FIFA have some issues, of course, but they do a lot of good work funding grass roots football and the domestic federations. You really think Real Madrid and Barcelona will give a toss about the Scottish league, for example? Irish? Icelandic? They don't even care about their own domestic league. I wouldn't trust these people with an inch of anything, let alone, effectively, the future of football in Europe.

International football is generally a farce anyway. Weaker teams and tactics than club teams. Flag waving nationalism for non-football fans. Mostly a means of selling stuff in the local supermarket and having something to talk about in a taxi. :-)

I'd not be too bothered about a load of decent players being missing. Just as I wasn't too bothered about playing in the winter.

If "Bellingham, Vini Jnr, De Jong, Camavinga, Cancelo & Lewandowski etc" then players from Crystal Palace and Girona and such get chances. The competition won't be at too much of a loss.

But the players themselves will obviously care - unless hugely compensated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.