European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

It would be just like their promise to screen all matches free of charge, imho. As soon as it has served its purpose, to convince hapless fans how wonderful it is, then it will, of course, be scrapped. UEFA and FIFA have some issues, of course, but they do a lot of good work funding grass roots football and the domestic federations. You really think Real Madrid and Barcelona will give a toss about the Scottish league, for example? Irish? Icelandic? They don't even care about their own domestic league. I wouldn't trust these people with an inch of anything, let alone, effectively, the future of football in Europe.
Exactly !!! Wolf in sheeps clothing. Was hilarious watching the Presidents of Barca and Real announcing this was the fans. All complete bollocks.

Barca and Real get up to €1billion each as a starting bonus yet they were making out this is good for other teams !

All claims of free tv and cheap tickets is bollocks.

And the big change that will come in within a year of launch is games getting switched to weekends ( and domestic games played midweek ).

Once they get other teams onboard they can do what they want.

Anybody thinking Real running the thing is better than UEFA is mental

Exactly !!! Wolf in sheeps clothing. Was hilarious watching the Presidents of Barca and Real announcing this was the fans. All complete bollocks.

Barca and Real get up to €1billion each as a starting bonus yet they were making out this is good for other teams !

All claims of free tv and cheap tickets is bollocks.

And the big change that will come in within a year of launch is games getting switched to weekends ( and domestic games played midweek ).

Once they get other teams onboard they can do what they want.

Anybody thinking Real running the thing is better than UEFA is mental

Without a doubt.

I really cant see anyone could be worse than UEFA. 600 Euros for some CL tickets, stadiums 20 miles outside a capital, they really dont give a shit.

I would love the ESL to put out that all match tickets would not exceed 30/40 euros, that would make UEFA think.
Can you honestly see them being any better, given the only 2 clubs still pushing it is Real Madrid & Barcelona? Would you really be happy to get rid of UEFA & FIFA on the basis of random promises of cheaper tickets and TV screening for an unspecified length of time?

"This is for the good of football & for the fans"

Is it my arse...

Not a chance.

I don't know why they don't propose a European Premier League from the other top 4 domestic leagues under the UEFA umbrella, if their concern really is the dominance of the PL and the parcity of quality matches in those leagues. Increase competition, increase monetisation, improve European teams. What is there not to like as long as there is relegation / promotion to / from the domestic leagues?

The major point you've overlooked is FIFA & UEFA banning ESL clubs & players from their competitions.

Imagine telling Bellingham, Vini Jnr, De Jong, Camavinga, Cancelo & Lewandowski etc that they'll no longer play in the Euro's, South American Championships, or the World Cup?

This is the nuclear option that UEFA & FIFA are yet to detonate.

The only way they could do that is if UEFA didn't licence the ESL for valid reasons (ie protecting the game and the pyramid) and the ESL went ahead anyway. That was the point of the recent case, as I understand it. UEFA didn't have any criteria for giving approval / not giving approval to any competitions under its umbrella and so acted illegally in preventing it. Now they have such criteria, I think, which, if they have done it right, will nullify the benefits to ESL clubs of the competition, but they haven't been tested yet. They will, of course, be tested if the ESL ever gets off the ground and UEFA refuse to licence it.

If City were sanctioned by relegating to the fifth tier, it would be an interesting phenomenon if we won the Super League and National League in the same year. Not saying I want this

The major point you've overlooked is FIFA & UEFA banning ESL clubs & players from their competitions.

Imagine telling Bellingham, Vini Jnr, De Jong, Camavinga, Cancelo & Lewandowski etc that they'll no longer play in the Euro's, South American Championships, or the World Cup?

This is the nuclear option that UEFA & FIFA are yet to detonate.
It won't be just the current "big name" player's, but the Barca under tens being unable to play for their school, an under 17 who doesn't make the grade not having an option to move to a Getafe or Malaga etc
Would you risk joining a breakaway club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.