European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Just to play devil’s advocate, but if this did go ahead, wouldn‘t fixtures like City v Milan or City v Bayern be better than watching us play the likes of Luton and Fulham?
City Vs Bayern are made better by them not being every season.
Also it won't be better if they aren't at the Ethiad.
I don't mind playing smaller teams, we don't have the right to only play the top teams.
It's not like smaller teams can't beat us and that's what makes football exciting, it's why the fa cup is so great

Doesn’t replace domestic leagues and is an open competition that can be qualified for via sporting merit. Free to watch. Owned by the clubs and not corrupted by UEFA or FIFA.

Why are people so against this again?

I am confused is this instead of the champions league etc ? Or domestic football ? I’ve started to lose the love with football with the ridiculous costs attached and the fact going to city is now just a tourist haven.

bro this is similar to basketball european tournaments, they still play national leagues

So this revised ESL, with it's 'Star League, Gold League and Blue League', is basically an assault on UEFA's brand format by a new rival sporting body who wants to make money from the top sporting clubs.

I only care about two things, where do we feature and how will it benefit City? I have no feelings of loyalty to UEFA but at the same time i'm not prepared to see City or the fans being fleeced to support their pockets.

UEFA treat fans with total contempt. Just look at the utter shitshow the two finals were in Paris and Istanbul. As a result no tears will be shed if they're fucked off, although I doubt the alternative will be more fan friendly either.

My biggest opposition to the super league last time was that it was a closed shop. If it's not a closed shop, it's just an expanded version of the champions league without the clubs from smaller nations that get in and uefa cut out.

A22 have just announced each club involved in the revised Super League will play a guaranteed minimum of FOURTEEN games!

That's a minimum of 54 games per season if a club doesn't progress past the Super League - league stage, & gets knocked out of the Carabao & FA Cups in the first rounds.

This doesn't include Internationals, Olympics, Community Shield, European Super Cup, Euro's, Intercontinental Cup, the World Cup, the revised Club World Cup with another two matches to reach the finals.

This greed will end up seriously harming players & diluting the quality of matches.

Reading some of the posts on here , this morning, are some fans just looking for an excuse to turn their backs on football. Having watched City through thin and thinner while I have breath in my body I would never desert my club.The ruling this morning may change football but given the greed and corruption in the governing bodies change may be good thing I don't know.

Doesn’t replace domestic leagues and is an open competition that can be qualified for via sporting merit. Free to watch. Owned by the clubs and not corrupted by UEFA or FIFA.

free to watch while its on their interest to attract premier league and other clubs to enter. then even pro/rel would go out of the window

Some people have an affinity for the 'traditional' UEFA European Competitions format, I guess.

I would have had more empathy for UEFA... if they hadn't try to kick us out of their competitions on false allegations of cheating. If we manage to win the Champions League again this season, back-to-back, emotionally i'll be apathetic towards the UCL; we stay in or join this ESL. PL is a different matter.

Because people are always resistant to change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.