European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

I think the realisation of this will hit those supporting the ESL very soon.

Everyone has stayed away from discussing this aspect, which suggests FIFA is keeping its powder dry.

Both Barça & Real sound desperate right now. They're desperate for the ESL to save their Galacticos model, which flies in the face of their FFP insistence which has stiffed Barça in particular.

It's not lost on me that both want the ESL, but also want to retain FFP as a way of keeping ambitious hopefuls at bay.

It's also not lost on me that we've heard nothing from Juvé, Milan, Inter, the Dippers, nor Arse regarding this ruling, or their intentions regarding the ESL.

I reckon if they don't commit to UEFA, FIFA will ban the clubs & their players from their competitions & that will be the end of it.

For whatever reason, elite players still hold international football in high regard, albeit players are complaining about the amount of football they're being made to play.
The irony. Real and Barca were some of architects of FFP, then when it has hamstrung them and meant they cannot compete with English PL clubs, they want a breakaway league to give them their freedom back! You couldn’t write it haha

This whole Real/ Barca thing is tiresome and they use their leverage to get more of what they want out of UEFA as the SL is knocked back by demand.

We’re dreaming if we believe UEFA will just f them off.

The ones who have not come out and spoke on it, I actually respect that decision, whether the managers will in the press conference today I’m not sure.

Relations seem good for City ATM and it was clear how it benefitted PSG first time round, so I can get why we have come out. Although I wouldn’t give UEFA anything after the last 10 years.

But I know our owners take a more holistic approach.

The clubs that want it want it for a reason, we broke their toy and now they want a new one because we are winning at this one.

For that reason I am out.
Eh? We hadn't won the CL when the ESL was launched and we were invited to join. What is to stop us winning the ESL and continuing to boil the piss of Real Madrid and Barcelona?
The ESL isn't to do with the CL, it's to do with La Liga and other national leagues being viewed as crap by their so-called elite clubs. This may or may not be the view of top clubs in England but the huge TV revenue softens the blow of having to put up with crap like Crystal Palace last Saturday.
I don't like the idea of the ESL replacing the PL as I know we have lots of fans who attend the majority of away games and wouldn't be able to continue, and there's no point in it just replacing the CL, but I won't dismiss the general concept if it's based on merit rather than income generation, and if it isn't a closed shop.

That just shows how out of touch Sky are , once it was obvious that City were becoming football juggernauts they should have jumped on and reaped the benefits, but they didn't have the vision to do so as they are so entrenched in the past, just look at their coverage of games .

Or the bollocks to do so because their cash cow is the rags, dippers, tarquins and spuds fanbase.
Independent company supports clubs that generate most income shocker. Four of the five initial proponents of the PL get special treatment. Who would have thought it?

Eh? We hadn't won the CL when the ESL was launched and we were invited to join. What is to stop us winning the ESL and continuing to boil the piss of Real Madrid and Barcelona?
The ESL isn't to do with the CL, it's to do with La Liga and other national leagues being viewed as crap by their so-called elite clubs. This may or may not be the view of top clubs in England but the huge TV revenue softens the blow of having to put up with crap like Crystal Palace last Saturday.
I don't like the idea of the ESL replacing the PL as I know we have lots of fans who attend the majority of away games and wouldn't be able to continue, and there's no point in it just replacing the CL, but I won't dismiss the general concept if it's based on merit rather than income generation, and if it isn't a closed shop.

The "Legacy" clubs are broken, this is their way forward. Rebranding the same shit with different rules isn't a step forward it's helping the sinking ships.

In 20 years time there wont be a fan left that doesn't just see watching a game as just a good day out, they will be from anywhere and whilst that is happening the grass root clubs in this country will die.

If it's going to be the same like they tell everyone then why change it? I'd like to see a return of knockout competition regarding the European cup but that would never happen when all the clubs are stuck in this Hamster wheel.

The Independent Regulator for Football will be in effect before any decisions are arrived at regarding our case.

Our Government maybe shit, but they know all about looking after themselves. The 115 charges is much more than Manchester City to them, it's about Abu Dhabi being touted to invest upwards of £20bn into the failing UK economy over the next 10-15 years.

Dya really think they give a fuck if £30m was paid to City by an Abu Dhabi based businessman, who was then reimbursed 3 years later by Etisalat?

This is the same government who gave their mates £16bn for mostly unusable PPE & still haven't explained where the £40bn spent on the test & trace system went.

I doubt very much they'll allow the bitter self interested sniping of ManUre, the Dippers & Arse to get in the way of big business, when the UK's in desperate need.

I feel the government realises the ramifications of the 115 charges goes way beyond football, & is firmly rooted in global geo-politics. Why else would they suddenly choose to get involved in football seemingly out of nowhere?
It won’t be the tories by then though (hopefully) but I think you’re right Labour won’t want to piss them off either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.