Euros 2012 Impressive players transfer discussion thread

happychappy said:
De Rossi is far superior to Martinez of Bilbao who were looking at, but ones nearly 29 and the other 23

Therein lies the problem. Do you get 2-3 almost certainly superb seasons out of De Rossi now knowing when he's finished with us he's done, or take the gamble on Martinez becoming the player De Rossi is now and hope by the time he gets there, if he ever does, that he won't be plucked straight out of the team by Real Madrid or Barca (but at least you'd likely get your money back).

LoveCity said:
De Rossi is a footballing genius just like Yaya. Even at nearly 29 he'd be a great capture for us but if it was to happen I reckon it would have in January when we could have signed him cheap. From what I remember this get-out clause if Roma didn't make the Champions League was never put into his new contract so he'd cost big money again now. De Rossi is going to retire far less decorated at club level than he deserves to be unless he makes a move right now.

Absolutely. Would be a crying shame for someone like DDR to finish his career without a major club honour. It wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility for him to finish with a Premier League and Champions League winners medal with us. I wasn't aware of a no CL get out clause though, I just thought he negotiated in a deliberately low buy out clause to keep the option of moving for CL football feasible. Something like 16/18m was banded around at the time, which would be a fucking steal and a half to be honest.

guys, not trying to ruin your fun - but remember - its BOILING in them matches. After a long season for the 'stars' it is hard to judge in these games. If we judged players at next world cup we would all took back Caicedo (who at altitude is amazing).

ellguitar said:
guys, not trying to ruin your fun - but remember - its BOILING in them matches. After a long season for the 'stars' it is hard to judge in these games. If we judged players at next world cup we would all took back Caicedo (who at altitude is amazing).
You make a reasonable point but Caicedo reference is nonsense if we had the choice we would have never let Caicedo leave for 1m and then get sold for £10m.

borassic said:
That young Czech left winger impressed me. Think he scored as well.

yes, vaclav pilar.

he's just signed for wolfsburg from plzen

most german clubs have great scouts

Nasri had the 2nd best performance of the tournament so far IMO, behind only the brilliant De Rossi yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.