Euros Ref and VAR

Later in the game Rodri was booked for the exact same offence
Totally mystifying...
This is the crux of the matter: the laws of the game are there in black and white, but individual referees interpret them as they choose - in particular the English ones.
Another ref might have given the penalty to the Germans last night, in fact I'd say most would. But there were also a lot of other incidents in the game that might have forced the ref to produce a red card, for which Taylor didn't even give a yellow for.

He truly does seem to believe his job is to administer the rules how he sees fit, and too bad if you don't like it.

yes, they just let game go on...i think a throw in happened after the handball.
but VAR did not invole since they checked the hanball and noticed that there was an offside before the shot.
at least i want to believe so :))

You’re free to believe whatever you like. But you’re not right I’m afraid. It wasn’t offside and it wasn’t handball. They’re statements of fact, whatever you think of them.

You’re free to believe whatever you like. But you’re not right I’m afraid. It wasn’t offside and it wasn’t handball. They’re statements of fact, whatever you think of them.

Do you know what interpretations are being used by referees for handball in this tournament? Genuinely interested. It's always a mystery to me.

Do you know what interpretations are being used by referees for handball in this tournament? Genuinely interested. It's always a mystery to me.

The FIFA referee off ITV has given a detailed assessment of that, if you have Twitter?

@ChristinaUnkel

In your opinion.
You clearly do not want others to have one.
Just because the idiot with the whistle didn't blow doesn't make you or him right.

It appears to be a mystery to the refs, too, 'cos some 'handballs' are totally ignored by ref 'n VAR whilst some are subject to a minute or two of forensic investigation. I think they go along with a 'spur of the moment' decision. The handball 'law' has become so weighty and involved that if a referee tried to apply a mental ticklist to whether or not it met the criteria contained in the LotG he'd be there for five fuckin' minutes.

The FIFA referee off ITV has given a detailed assessment of that, if you have Twitter?

@ChristinaUnkel

It's all as clear as mud to me. I read her tweets and Johnson's. She talks about FIFA interpretations, he talks about Rosetti with interpretations for this tournament.

Arm behind the body is a thing now? Since when? How do we, who pay for all this stuff either directly or indirectly, know? How can we judge a handball if we don't know what the rules are and how they have changed in the last few months? Remember silhouette? Apparently now having your arms near vertical (downwards) can be justified by natural position, but having your arm horizontal can't be explained as natural no matter what the player is doing. Who makes this stuff up? Someone who has never turned or jumped?

Sorry, this isn't aimed at you. But Jesus, they can make an opaque mess out of anything.

In your opinion.
You clearly do not want others to have one.
Just because the idiot with the whistle didn't blow doesn't make you or him right.

I didn’t say he was right or wrong. And I didn’t give any opinion. The guy was suggesting that the penalty wasn’t given because there was a previous offside.

It’s a fact that he wasn’t given offside or the defender penalised for handball.

It's all as clear as mud to me. I read her tweets and Johnson's. She talks about FIFA interpretations, he talks about Rosetti with interpretations for this tournament.

Arm behind the body is a thing now? Since when? How do we, who pay for all this stuff either directly or indirectly, know? How can we judge a handball if we don't know what the rules are and how they have changed in the last few months? Remember silhouette? Apparently now having your arms near vertical (downwards) can be justified by natural position, but having your arm horizontal can't be explained as natural no matter what the player is doing. Who makes this stuff up? Someone who has never turned or jumped?

Sorry, this isn't aimed at you. But Jesus, they can make an opaque mess out of anything.

Before a tournament, the refereeing dept. from the organising authority will have several meetings with all the officials. The potential problem they have is that referees from different leagues will have been under instructions to interpret the same laws of the games slightly differently back home.

That’s the last thing that anybody wants. So they will try and drum into them what they expect and have some form of uniformity in decisions throughout the tournament.

To answer, how are we supposed to know, the answer I guess is there’s no way we can. We can only hope that they are on the same page and the laws are interpreted the same throughout an individual tournament.

I didn’t say he was right or wrong. And I didn’t give any opinion. The guy ws suggesting that the penalty wasn’t given because there was a previous offside.

It’s a fact that he wasn’t given offside or the defender penalised for handball.
You clearly state it wasn't offside and it wasn't a handball. If that isnt an opinion what is? Your reply will no doubt be that the referee did not give either offence so perhaps it's your posting style, it's one that demeans or belittles anyone that dares suggest a refree is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.