Euros Ref and VAR

You clearly state it wasn't offside and it wasn't a handball. If that isnt an opinion what is? Your reply will no doubt be that the referee did not give either offence so perhaps it's your posting style, it's one that demeans or belittles anyone that dares suggest a refree is wrong.

I was mindful that the guy I was replying to wasn’t English, so intentionally replied in a matter of fact kind of way, that I thought would be easiest for him to get my drift.

If he thought I was being rude, I’d happily apologise to him, as I’ve never intentionally got personal with anybody on here. Not even the ones who have done with me.

Well you’ve failed if it was.

Another dagger ( like ) to the heart since I last looked as well.
Discourse around refereeing is impassioned and fanatical.

It’d improve a little bit if people looked at how a referee might have come to a decision, rather than immediately deciding it’s because they’re shit/corrupt etc.

Until that happens, these threads are simply echo chambers for fans wanting to vent their spleens.

Here are 2 links with the official UEFA handball examples explained by Rosetti, video (4:15) in english,
no idea if they are working for you:

https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/...meter-fuer-deutschland-gab,handspiel-114.html

https://www.sportschau.de/video/ros...ndspiel-bei-der-em,rosetti-handspiel-100.html

Same as Johnson (partly) tweeted. But my question again is: were these interpretations (and others referred to by the "analysts" such as arm behind the body is no penalty, arm vertically down is a natural position) made public in which case it is my ignorance which is the problem, or are they distributed to referees only in which case there is a detrimental effect due to a lack of transparency, or maybe somewhere in between? Certainly, Nagelsman didn't seem to know about them. Anyone know?

It just seems to me they are trying to turn refereeing into a precise science with all these rules and interpretations, and explanations after the event don't really cut it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.