Euros Ref and VAR

Taylor craves the attention he knows his questionable decisions make. His handling of last nights Germany/Spain match proved to all neutral observers that he is both incompetent and thoroughly dishonest too. The first incident with Kroos paved the way the rest of his handling of the game was going to go - bafflingly inconsistent.
Every 50/50 decision seemed to go Germany's way, excepting the penalty for handball he should by rights have given them. But even on that one you could see he was undecided, so you have to ask yourself why? According to the rules it's a penalty. The Spanish players hand was outstretched and the ball hit his arm. Penalty. But he was in two minds, when he shouldn't have been. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Spain went through because the Germans were like the rags under the pisscan - seemingly immune from red or yellow cards.

So far in this tournament we have learned, and I'm pretty sure the rest of the viewing world has also learned, that the standard of refereeing in this country is appallingly below average.

ps: some say that there was an off side before the handball. that's why VAR did not involve. but i could not find the video or proof.

i am so glad, so excited that Germans are out. but:

i am really sick and tired of this handball incidents, last 10 years lets say.
what is the rule anyway? ( i know the new rules and investigate them when they are announced. maybe i am outdated at the moment. dont know)

how on earth that is not a penalty? the ref was a disaster yesterday, but i blame VAR because of that decision.

if that is not a penalty, and the rule is ordering that; why are defenders hiding their hands lately ( last 2-3 seasons) while defending the long shots?

i want the ancient handball rule back. If intentional, then penalty. lets go to basics. or, UEFA please clarify the rule and hang it on the entrance of the field and the stadium :)))

1720246919913.png

Last edited:
i am so glad, so excited that Germans are out. but:

i am really sick and tired of this handball incidents, last 10 years lets say.
what is the rule anyway? ( i know the new rules and investigate them when they are announced. maybe i am outdated at the moment. dont know)

how on earth that is not a penalty? the ref was a disaster yesterday, but i blame VAR because of that decision.

if that is not a penalty, and the rule is ordering that; why are defenders hiding their hands lately ( last 2-3 seasons) while defending the long shots?

i want the ancient handball rule back. If intentional, then penalty. lets go to basics. or, UEFA please clarify the rule and hang it on the entrance of the field and the stadium :)))

View attachment 124503
It was offside in the build up but it would be interesting to know if the VAR team immediately dismissed the handball claim as they knew it was offside, or if they judged the handball not worthy of a review

It was offside in the build up but it would be interesting to know if the VAR team immediately dismissed the handball claim as they knew it was offside, or if they judged the handball not worthy of a review
yes. just found the screenshot. off side before the shot.. that's why VAR not involved.
you are also right. immediate decision by VAR is interesting :)))

1720250689205.png

Nobody seems to be mentioning the clear pull by Nacho on the German striker's shirt which may have impeded his finish which went narrowly wide.
Later in the game Rodri was booked for the exact same offence
Totally mystifying...

It wasn’t given as off side.

yes, they just let game go on...i think a throw in happened after the handball.
but VAR did not invole since they checked the hanball and noticed that there was an offside before the shot.
at least i want to believe so :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.