Euros Ref and VAR

So PL getting auto off sides but oh yes we don't get working versions because the premier league uses Nike or I think this season puma balls that doesn't have Adidas technology so Attwell still has to decide which picture frame to use to determine whether off side or not
What can go wrong
is this true? no wonder they rejected a far superior system last season if so. Basically money

This version of VAR seems very cut n dry, it knows when the ball is kick unlike the pl when they guess. In some pl VAR cases the ball is seen as round, in some cases the ball is seen as oblong ! The pl clearly use VAR to influence games.
If this version eliminates the refs interfering than I'm all for it.

I don't really see the point of the pl using this version without the chip in the ball. That still leaves it down to the VAR ref to decide when the ball is kicked.
That’s always been my concern……open to cheating by VAR twats

This version of VAR seems very cut n dry, it knows when the ball is kick unlike the pl when they guess. In some pl VAR cases the ball is seen as round, in some cases the ball is seen as oblong ! The pl clearly use VAR to influence games.
If this version eliminates the refs interfering than I'm all for it.

I don't really see the point of the pl using this version without the chip in the ball. That still leaves it down to the VAR ref to decide when the ball is kicked.
So a computer image that pops up 10 minutes after the decision is beyond questioning?

Yes but starts couple of months into season aswell
Really???? It's not even going to be for the full season? It's insane!

You reach a point where you think our PGMOL lot can't get any more amateur or can't implement any more new initiatives which only serve to question their integrity more, and they pull something like this out of their arses.

Suppose they've got to get up to speed with how to quickly pick the correct frame to suites the dippers and the rags for their "marginally on-side" decisions, whilst selecting the 'correct' frame to screw us over

Really???? It's not even going to be for the full season? It's insane!

You reach a point where you think our PGMOL lot can't get any more amateur or can't implement any more new initiatives which only serve to question their integrity more, and they pull something like this out of their arses.

Suppose they've got to get up to speed with how to quickly pick the correct frame to suites the dippers and the rags for their "marginally on-side" decisions, whilst selecting the 'correct' frame to screw us over
They want to give Liverpool a good lead before they bring the new improved VAR in.

is this true? no wonder they rejected a far superior system last season if so. Basically money

No, it is objectively not true.

The referee does not decide in any semi-auto system when the ball is kicked. If they did, then it would not be a semi-automatic system. It requires no human input, in fact it is locked off from human input to keep it neutral (like Hawkeye systems). The only thing the referee decides is if a player is interfering with play.

The PL is going to be using the same system that the Champions League and Serie A have been using for the last year. The only difference is that there is no chip in the ball, the kick point is instead determined by high-frequency cameras and an AI system that calculate the balls change in inertia. It is roughly of equivalent accuracy.

It is also, for the record, the Premier League clubs themselves and not PGMOL that voted to delay the introduction of this system until they saw it working properly in other leagues.

I agree that referees are absolutely shit and VAR is all over the place, but some of the conspiracy theory nonsense on here is proper deep tin foil hat stuff (no offence @TinFoilHat). Often based on pure lies.

No, it is objectively not true.

The referee does not decide in any semi-auto system when the ball is kicked. If they did, then it would not be a semi-automatic system. It requires no human input, in fact it is locked off from human input to keep it neutral (like Hawkeye systems). The only thing the referee decides is if a player is interfering with play.

The PL is going to be using the same system that the Champions League and Serie A have been using for the last year. The only difference is that there is no chip in the ball, the kick point is instead determined by high-frequency cameras and an AI system that calculate the balls change in inertia. It is roughly of equivalent accuracy.

It is also, for the record, the Premier League clubs themselves and not PGMOL that voted to delay the introduction of this system until they saw it working properly in other leagues.

I agree that referees are absolutely shit and VAR is all over the place, but some of the conspiracy theory nonsense on here is proper deep tin foil hat stuff (no offence @TinFoilHat). Often based on pure lies.
I look forward to seeing semi automated offsides being used in the PL.

Anything that helps officials with the correct calls is good by me. Maybe it's a generational thing and the next gen of refs will understand the tech more and be able to apply it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.