Even the kit man is off now

The slating of him is really unnecessary. He's not made a statement as if he's some kind of celebrity as some are insinuating, he's put on his personal social media he's leaving his job, how is that any different to any of us doing the same thing? It just so happens a city aggregator has picked it up and us on here have made it into news. That's not his own doing.

He's very clearly an incredibly popular part of the backroom staff that a lot of the players seemed to have a strong fondness of. Those kind of people are important to any team and so he'll be a miss. Good luck to a fellow blue who had lived the dream.

Must admit i find it highly peculiar that a lifelong blue who's basically hit the jackpot with that job would ever voluntarily leave it.
Yeah, I suppose I was being unduly harsh when you put it like that.

You'd assume so! But I just can't work out what other career you're going to translate his skills into. He was a kitman for the best club in the world unless Real Madrid are poaching him. His skills are presumably being good at that and/or being a niche football celebrity that comes cross very well on social media content.
Someone had told me - I don’t recall who and i don’t think they had any inside knowledge - said these kind of beloved staff could make easily 2-3x their salary in tips.

But yes, presumably other than working in media a kit man doesn’t have a lot of transferable skills? Maybe he’s going to school to get a degree. I wish him the best regardless.

Ultimately, I’m jealous. I’d love this job. I think doing my childrens gross American football laundry would be proper experience. And packing for their vacations and sporting events. Could also pull double duty as a chef in a pinch - am excellent at packing lunches.

The slating of him is really unnecessary. He's not made a statement as if he's some kind of celebrity as some are insinuating, he's put on his personal social media he's leaving his job, how is that any different to any of us doing the same thing? It just so happens a city aggregator has picked it up and us on here have made it into news. That's not his own doing.

He's very clearly an incredibly popular part of the backroom staff that a lot of the players seemed to have a strong fondness of. Those kind of people are important to any team and so he'll be a miss. Good luck to a fellow blue who had lived the dream.

Must admit i find it highly peculiar that a lifelong blue who's basically hit the jackpot with that job would ever voluntarily leave it.
This is what I thought - I can't imagine what a man with 15 years as kit man on his CV would naturally move into. I assume he was being paid pretty well as well.

BREAKING: #ManCity kit man, Brandon Ashton has announced he is leaving the club.Ashton: "After 15 years at Manchester City I have decided to leave my role at the club to explore other career paths."I have had some great experiences, met some amazing people who I know will be friends for life. For me and my family I feel it is the right time to start a new chapter, and see what new challenges I can be set."I will always hold Manchester City close to my heart as this club has brought me from a boy to a man. The memories I have over my time at City will forever be cherished."I want to thank all the players, management and back room staff I have worked with and also the fans I have had the pleasure to converse with over the years."I wish the lads nothing but the best this season and in the future. Brandon"

First the groundsman now the kitman can the last one out turn off the lights.
Yaya - birthday cake
Brandon- Miele

When will we learn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.