Even the kit man is off now

All you saying “dream job” etc.

The money wont be great. Theres a lot of travel. Its every weekend. Its just a job.

Anyone with a young family will know how important weekends are. Mine are taken ul with kids footy now, city are second now and i would sell my season ticket if it clashed with either of my kids footy to watch them.

My pal works at City. His former roll meant a lot of player contact, hes said the novelty soon wore off.

Realities of life are sometimes more important than grown men being all weird about “the best job in the world”
I can see how the novelty could soon wear off. Being in and around players on £100k+ a week flashing the cash. And you’re there with a modest wage trying to survive

I can see how the novelty could soon wear off. Being in and around players on £100k+ a week flashing the cash. And you’re there with a modest wage trying to survive
Add into this the fact that a fair few pro footballers are cocks ( gosh yes, even city players ) and the perceived dream job will lose its shine over time

£60, 000 for washing the kits! Surely it's nowhere near that high.
According to a leaked report, in 2020 average pay for kitman (person) in the Championship was £33k. The highest being £56k. You'd imagine that was a club that had just come down from the PL.

So £60k probably sounds about right. Though no details on whether it is much different for the head honcho kit person over their minions.

Last edited:
Accorsing to a leaked report, in 2020 average pay for kitman (person) in the Championship was £33k. The highest being £56k. You'd imagine that was a club that had just come down from the PL.

So £60k probably sounds about right. Though no details on whether it is much different for the head honcho kit person over their minions.
I'm clearly in the wrong profession.

Accorsing to a leaked report, in 2020 average pay for kitman (person) in the Championship was £33k. The highest being £56k. You'd imagine that was a club that had just come down from the PL.

I was told £40k for the assistant kit man

Regular guy leaves regular job.

Twitter: watch us make more of this!

Best of luck to the guy. Or any City employee really. Most folk changing jobs, in fact.

50-60k a year as a kitman for the best football club on the planet!!
The bloke needs his head testing..Maybe he bumped it a few time skidding across the changing rooms in his y fronts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.