Everton 2018/19 thread

I just don't believe this story

No sane coach would pay £50m for him and no sane club would allow it to happen

Always amuses me to see clubs hate Allardyce because they so desperately want attractive and winning football for them to be relegation fodder without him. I hope the Toffees join that list.
You’re making the mistake of assuming you know what people want though Mark. Look, there’s only 3 trophies available for 85 professional clubs. They know full well that apart from a freak season like Leicester’s, they’re not going to win the league. They might win either of the cups but that’s still highly unlikely.

People surely go to watch football for enjoyment. I enjoyed the social side of it when we slumped down to the third tier and came back. The football was largely shite.

Now I’m approaching 40, I take my lads. I drive so can’t drink but have come to appreciate the stunning football on show. They do things that we can’t which is why we liked football in the first place - we wanted to be them but weren’t good enough.

I reckon most of us get to a stage where we want to watch our team on a Saturday afternoon and be entertained. Us City fans are lucky because we’re getting the best of both worlds.

Can you honestly say that you’d be happy to hit 42 points, season in/season out? Never go for a cup because it’s financially better for your board to ensure Premier League survival? Do you not want to go to a match not knowing whether you’ll win 4-3, lose 4-3 or draw 3-3 but confident you’ll be entertained?

Loads of Hull City fans who I work with have said they prefer the championship where they might beat Ipswich 3-1 one week but lose to QPR 3-2 the next because they are more entertained at the match each week rather than watching Steve Bruce (when he was there) park the bus to try to grind out a 0-0 against Crystal Palace and pray they get a lucky break from a set piece.

If that’s what you enjoy then good luck to you but try not to look down on those fans who want more for their £40 each week.

Always amuses me to see clubs hate Allardyce because they so desperately want attractive and winning football for them to be relegation fodder without him. I hope the Toffees join that list.
Won't happen, he wasn't manager there for long enough to fuck their squad up and leave them with a pile of debt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.