Everton 2018/19 thread

You’re making the mistake of assuming you know what people want though Mark. Look, there’s only 3 trophies available for 85 professional clubs. They know full well that apart from a freak season like Leicester’s, they’re not going to win the league. They might win either of the cups but that’s still highly unlikely.

People surely go to watch football for enjoyment. I enjoyed the social side of it when we slumped down to the third tier and came back. The football was largely shite.

Now I’m approaching 40, I take my lads. I drive so can’t drink but have come to appreciate the stunning football on show. They do things that we can’t which is why we liked football in the first place - we wanted to be them but weren’t good enough.

I reckon most of us get to a stage where we want to watch our team on a Saturday afternoon and be entertained. Us City fans are lucky because we’re getting the best of both worlds.

Can you honestly say that you’d be happy to hit 42 points, season in/season out? Never go for a cup because it’s financially better for your board to ensure Premier League survival? Do you not want to go to a match not knowing whether you’ll win 4-3, lose 4-3 or draw 3-3 but confident you’ll be entertained?

Loads of Hull City fans who I work with have said they prefer the championship where they might beat Ipswich 3-1 one week but lose to QPR 3-2 the next because they are more entertained at the match each week rather than watching Steve Bruce (when he was there) park the bus to try to grind out a 0-0 against Crystal Palace and pray they get a lucky break from a set piece.

If that’s what you enjoy then good luck to you but try not to look down on those fans who want more for their £40 each week.

Afternoon Kev.

I have this debate a lot with people. I think my main point with Allardyce is fans automatically assume it’s going to be negative football and he sets out for a draw. It’s simply not true.

Allardyce at West Ham produced at times awful to watch football and other times attractive entertaining football.
He often mixed up formations.
We played 2 up front when we beat City at home. Sakho and Valencia.
He played no one up front when we beat Spurs 3-0 Away !

Got us promoted first season and we were stuffing teams. 6-0 against Brighton that season, I also went Forest away and we won 4-0. He walked into a shambles of a club when we got relegated and he completely turned us around.
First season back in Prem he got us top 10, we played good football.
Season after that was poor, we wasn’t great overall. Loads of injury’s. But still a stable prem club. Yet that was the final straw for our fans - they wanted Barcelona football and to win every game. It’s bollox. They wouldn’t allow any more time and demanded change of manager - it’s not just our fans, see it all the time with clubs.

Everton under ‘attacking’ manager Koeman. What great football was they playing - it was awful and they were heading for relegation.
Allardyce came in, and got them to the cusp of a European spot ! ... but like typical football fans they weren’t happy because they weren’t being ‘entertained’ ...

Fans are sheep. Once they moan about a manager all fans start jumping on board and it’s seems to be the likes of Allardyce that get the brunt of it, probably because their English and don’t have a fancy name.

Too many people associate ‘unentertaining’ football with the manager - it’s simply not true. Under Bilic we was great to watch. Why? We had Payet. What happened when he left. We was horrifically bad to watch. So many factors contribute to ‘entertainment’ - is it entertaining when Madrid beat a lower league team 7-0. Some find it so. Others don’t.
Is it entertaining when a team like Huddersfield hold on for dear life, camping the box and hoofing it against someone like Liverpool. Others would say so. Others wouldn’t.

Just because you pay a lot for a ticket should not mean the manager/players have to personally ‘entertain’ you. They don’t set the ticket prices. Their job is simply to win.
Do people ask for a refund if the film at the cinema wasn’t entertaining for them ?

You should go and support your club through thick and thin and hope for the win. Entertainment is just a bonus.

Last edited:
Won't happen, he wasn't manager there for long enough to fuck their squad up and leave them with a pile of debt.

How did he fuck West Ham’s squad up ? With what debt ?

Left Bolton, Newcastle, Sunderland and Everton in far better shape than what they were like when he took over.

How did he fuck West Ham’s squad up ? With what debt ?

Left Bolton, Newcastle, Sunderland and Everton in far better shape than what they were like when he took over.
The first three were relegated within what, 2 seasons? 1 season? He brought in Tosun at Everton, nothing else.

The first three were relegated within what, 2 seasons? 1 season? He brought in Tosun at Everton, nothing else.

He was only allowed 1 transfer window!
Still got a relegation threatened team to close to Europe.
As for teams being relegated after his left. There’s a clue somewhere... don’t sack him!

Richarlison for £50m is just absolutely absurd. They've absolutely pissed their money up the wall.

£100m+ on him and Sigurdsson.
That hurts my eyes. Surely whoever’s in charge of transfers needs sacking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.