Everton 2018/19 thread

Richarlison for £50m is just absolutely absurd. They've absolutely pissed their money up the wall.

£100m+ on him and Sigurdsson.
I think they are both decent players, but the transfer fees are truly ridiculous. It would have been worse though if the players were useless. In each case I can see a player.

Watched him a few times last season he does have something he’s 21 and 35m then addons of 15m which I presume are not easy to get to probably about right that fee seems Silva and Everton feel he is a player who will vastly improve.

Afternoon Kev.

I have this debate a lot with people. I think my main point with Allardyce is fans automatically assume it’s going to be negative football and he sets out for a draw. It’s simply not true.

Allardyce at West Ham produced at times awful to watch football and other times attractive entertaining football.
He often mixed up formations.
We played 2 up front when we beat City at home. Sakho and Valencia.
He played no one up front when we beat Spurs 3-0 Away !

Got us promoted first season and we were stuffing teams. 6-0 against Brighton that season, I also went Forest away and we won 4-0. He walked into a shambles of a club when we got relegated and he completely turned us around.
First season back in Prem he got us top 10, we played good football.
Season after that was poor, we wasn’t great overall. Loads of injury’s. But still a stable prem club. Yet that was the final straw for our fans - they wanted Barcelona football and to win every game. It’s bollox. They wouldn’t allow any more time and demanded change of manager - it’s not just our fans, see it all the time with clubs.

Everton under ‘attacking’ manager Koeman. What great football was they playing - it was awful and they were heading for relegation.
Allardyce came in, and got them to the cusp of a European spot ! ... but like typical football fans they weren’t happy because they weren’t being ‘entertained’ ...

Fans are sheep. Once they moan about a manager all fans start jumping on board and it’s seems to be the likes of Allardyce that get the brunt of it, probably because their English and don’t have a fancy name.

Too many people associate ‘unentertaining’ football with the manager - it’s simply not true. Under Bilic we was great to watch. Why? We had Payet. What happened when he left. We was horrifically bad to watch. So many factors contribute to ‘entertainment’ - is it entertaining when Madrid beat a lower league team 7-0. Some find it so. Others don’t.
Is it entertaining when a team like Huddersfield hold on for dear life, camping the box and hoofing it against someone like Liverpool. Others would say so. Others wouldn’t.

Just because you pay a lot for a ticket should not mean the manager/players have to personally ‘entertain’ you. They don’t set the ticket prices. Their job is simply to win.
Do people ask for a refund if the film at the cinema wasn’t entertaining for them ?

You should go and support your club through thick and thin and hope for the win. Entertainment is just a bonus.
I’m not saying he doesn’t go into shambles clubs and sets them straight. Of course there’s going to be some great performances along the way. The fact that you’re individually listing them though tells me they are not the norm.

The fact is though that Newcastle, West Ham, a lot of England and now Everton fans have all voiced their displeasure at his brand of football. They can’t all be wrong.

£50m for Richarlison is plain ridiculous. The guy got 5 goals and 8 assists last season, but those 5 goals came in the first 12 games. He scored the square root of fuck all in the remainder of the season. I remember the press ripping us to shreds for spending the same amount on an England full back last summer. I look forward to seeing Nick Harris ripping the blue Mickeys to shreds for shelling out £100m on Sigurdsson and Richarlison in the last 12 months.

£50m for Richarlison is plain ridiculous. The guy got 5 goals and 8 assists last season, but those 5 goals came in the first 12 games. He scored the square root of fuck all in the remainder of the season. I remember the press ripping us to shreds for spending the same amount on an England full back last summer. I look forward to seeing Nick Harris ripping the blue Mickeys to shreds for shelling out £100m on Sigurdsson and Richarlison in the last 12 months.

Excellent the Sterling haters will want 150m at least for the useless non finishing **** now :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.