Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

the ridiculous debate about the penalty is overshadowing two fantastic goals by foden and silva, both beautifully clean and intelligent strikes, the correct decision made by the ref shouldnt overshadow those two pieces of quality
Agree. But yet no debate on the delay in flagging for offside rule. Shearer was quickly shut down by the commentator when he started to mention it.

So if that was on the line and hit his arm and went clear, you dont think its a penalty?
Its an interesting point. Stopping a clear goal on the line (DOGSO) is already catered for in the laws. That wasn't that tonight though!!

If your asking me if someone leathered a ball at somebody from a yard away and it hit someones arm on the line who didn’t deliberately try to stop it/make themselves artificially bigger (waving arms about) id probably go with no penalty personally!

Every touch of an arm, every bit of contact isnt an infringement imo!! Especially with balls leathered/deflected from a yard away (Grealish cup final) !!

If you don't see the difference between the Grealish one, and this, really pointless discussing it further.

One was a ball looping over the top heading away from goal, bouncing off a player onto the arm of a player in the air. The other was a shot on goal being blocked by the outstretched hand of a player sliding late into a tackle, above his body.

Everything else you say around that, i.e what I should or shouldn't own, what is or isn't a mockery, is quite frankly pure bollocks. And immaterial to this incident and correct decision. Good night, enjoy the 3 points if you can see past the poor upset pundits.
They are very similar incidents. Balls hitting an arm from a yard away with zero intent. The fact you think they have no correlation is scary, bit thats PGMOL thought processes for you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.