Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The call was very tight yesterday, I think it is just one of those things. The linesman ‘thinks’ it’s offside but can’t be certain so has to let play carry on until he gives his decision once the goalscoring opportunity has gone. If he’s uncertain, but flags straight away and then is proven wrong, we might as well ditch VAR for offsides completely. I don’t have an issue with that but it returns us to scenarios like Spurs a few years ago where the winger was 2 yards offside on the right wing, a goal was scored and there was no way of ruling it out.
Yeah, in real time I thought he was well off. But when you see the replay it was a very, very close call. With VAR (sadly) in place, imagine the pelters if he'd have put his flag up, only to be shown he was marginally on afterwards. No way he could flag that.

I don't know whether other clubs are the same but we do have a problem with it. The match day thread constantly scapegoats certain players and we have a group of fans who cannot help but pop at those who have just arrived as 'never will be good enough'; Nunes being the latest in a long, long line.
Thankfully none of these people are at the games.

Barely a peep out of our end until we equalised and went ahead.

Sorry, that's not true. I listened on Stadium FX and it was all our fans apart from one ir two half hearted "evertooooon"s and something about "we know what you are...cheating bastards" which sounded as though everyone on the ground was singing it including our fans. I was proud of those who went and represented us.

The shot was never going goalwards. It went 1 foot forward and 4 foot up.

Should never be a handball as the ones previously given against us Grealish/Sterling shouldn't have been given either
Is that relevant? A foul or handball in the area is a penalty if committed by the defending team. - Unless the interpretation of the laws have been amended again.

Goodison under the lights, like a fucking morgue
I was sat next to them. In the corner kind of overlooking their end behind the goal. They were very giddy and noisy at one nil up. Very noisy actually. But as soon as we equalised that noise dropped considerably and the support disappeared . A resigned feeling spread throughout the ground.
That must spread to the players too.

As said, the small compact stadium has a a certain charm but the novelty goes very quickly. Every where is cramped, around the ground, getting in, on the concourse and in the seats. Time to bulldoze

Yeah, in real time I thought he was well off. But when you see the replay it was a very, very close call. With VAR (sadly) in place, imagine the pelters if he'd have put his flag up, only to be shown he was marginally on afterwards. No way he could flag that.
It’s probably one of the better things about VAR to be honest. That example I mentioned earlier about Spurs scoring after being 2 yards offside was either corruption or stupidity by the linesman and those things are negated in that scenario now.

It’s probably one of the better things about VAR to be honest. That example I mentioned earlier about Spurs scoring after being 2 yards offside was either corruption or stupidity by the linesman and those things are negated in that scenario now.
It is, but on balance I'd still scrap it until you get automated offsides - decision within 1.5 secs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.